odd quest but donor poetry?

odd quest but donor poetry?

July 17th, 2015, 5:32 am #1

I have found the most beautiful poem regarding adoption. in fact; many could be used to describe our journey.
does anyone one know of poetry regarding infertility and/or donor?

here is the poem: I LOVE it!!!
LABOR OF MY HEART

I would have given anything
to be the one to know
the pain of bringing you into this world
but it couldn’t be…

Though I did not bring you here
still I labored in my tears
through the long nights I prayed
you would come to me…

You are the labor of my heart Child,
you are the labor of my heart
with all my strength I prayed
till they laid you in my arms Child,
you are the labor of my heart…

Blessed be the maker
of bone of other bone.
He make flesh of my desire
and today I take you home…

You are the labor of my heart Child,
you are the labor of my heart
with all my strength I prayed
till they laid you in my arms Child,
you are the labor of my heart Child,
you are the labor of my heart…

--Author Unknown

July 17th, 2015, 6:43 pm #2

Letters To My Donor Book...

ltmd-book

Letters to my Donor is a book for anyone looking to celebrate life and all that it means to be human.

On every page parents' letters paint a stunning picture of the 'everydayness' of their unique family lives. This exquisite 'everydayness' stands proudly alongside the 'extra ordinary' acts of kindness and generosity of the egg, sperm and embryo donors who played a pivotal role in bringing these families into being.

With over 55 pages, the content within encapsulates the very essence of what it is to be a family. Whatever your definition of family and whatever type of family you're from, this book is for you.

Clinics can personalise each book with their own message for donors, potential donors and patients. For less than the price of a time-bound bouquet of flowers or an anonymous iTunes card, donors and recipients can have a unique keepsake to treasure. A beautiful thanks for any donor, an inspirational motivation for future donors and a heart-warming expression of what it is to be a family.

For counsellors the book might be a heart-warming read, a great resource to share with colleagues and a useful resource to share with our clients…it is likely to be all of them!

Tracey Sainsbury, Fertility Counsellor.

http://www.ngdt.co.uk/letters

D xxx