Newbie to all of this!

Newbie to all of this!

Lisa
Lisa

June 6th, 2012, 1:30 am #1

Hi all,
I am new to all of this and have been reading your posts and everyone seems so nice and supportive.
I have just started my Lupron shots and will be getting implanted in a few weeks. My husband and I have been preparing for this for over a year (mentally, physically, financially), and I honestly don't know how I will feel if it doesn't work. I never went through IVF/IUI with my own eggs, we just jumped right into donor eggs. For all the long prep, I feel like it could all come to a crashing halt very quickly. I guess I'm just nervous and looking for a group of like minded folks to vent to.

June 6th, 2012, 2:39 am #2

Due to my age, OE IVF wasn't an option for me, so I went straight to DE, too. Nervousness is definitely the norm; it's a huge financial and emotional investment. I wish you well, and hope you'll let us know how fert, transfer, and beta go. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

June 6th, 2012, 2:43 am #3

Hi all,
I am new to all of this and have been reading your posts and everyone seems so nice and supportive.
I have just started my Lupron shots and will be getting implanted in a few weeks. My husband and I have been preparing for this for over a year (mentally, physically, financially), and I honestly don't know how I will feel if it doesn't work. I never went through IVF/IUI with my own eggs, we just jumped right into donor eggs. For all the long prep, I feel like it could all come to a crashing halt very quickly. I guess I'm just nervous and looking for a group of like minded folks to vent to.
Best of luck for your upcoming implant! That is so exciting. It's completely normal I'm sure to be so nervous. It's no doubt part of the ride! I don't speak from experience as I am still a long way from my first DE IVF treatment, but we're all in this with you so keep us posted on your journey and your thoughts along the way.

Lisa
Lisa

June 6th, 2012, 3:14 am #4

Due to my age, OE IVF wasn't an option for me, so I went straight to DE, too. Nervousness is definitely the norm; it's a huge financial and emotional investment. I wish you well, and hope you'll let us know how fert, transfer, and beta go. Take care, Maggie (in VA)
Hi,
Thanks to both of you for responding. I have not talked to anyone who has experienced this. Just doctors and books! I will continue to update as things progress.
Lisa

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 6th, 2012, 6:00 am #5

Hi all,
This is a fantastic board. You'll get lots of support here. Am looking forward to hearing about your cycle.

mrs. M
mrs. M

June 6th, 2012, 10:37 am #6

Hi all,
You will find lots of info and support here. I look fwd to your cycle updates.

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

June 6th, 2012, 1:13 pm #7

Hi all,
I never did IVF with my own eggs either, well I tried once but didn't get very far, and found DE to have so much better odds anyway. You won't regret your decision and I hope you are successful on your first try. Vent away, this board was my savior for many years.

Lisa
Lisa

June 6th, 2012, 3:04 pm #8

Hi
Have you had success with donor eggs? I am at the stage where I am being super careful abou everything, no alcohol, no caf or decaf, no dyeing my hair. I don't know if I'm going overboard but it seems like the only thing I can control right now.

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

June 6th, 2012, 4:20 pm #9

but it did not happen on my first try. I began my donor egg journey in 2004, and after numerous failed cycles I am the proud mom of a 4 1/2 year old son! It was a long road, I started the same way as you did, being so careful about everything, and it's important. At the stage you're at though, I think drinking alcohol and coffee in moderation is fine (while you are cycling) but you need to do what you feel will bring you success. Sometimes we need a stress reliever if it won't hurt our chances of pregnancy Whenever I cycled, I made sure to color my hair the week or two PRIOR to transfer, so it would last me until after the (hopeful!) first trimester.

There is a related board http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/ where many "yellow board" poster go after they achieve success, but you are welcome to post here or over there anytime. Lots of luck to you!

June 6th, 2012, 5:33 pm #10

Hi all,
Welcome, Lisa! Like several other posters, I never tried OE IVF but went straight to DE after 6 failed IUIs. The odds with DE seemed so much better at my age (43 then), and in fact we are now blessed with a 6-month-old boy. I found this board (and the "pink board") during my 2ww, and it has been a godsend. It's good to be among women who share this journey. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing more from you.