new and hello

new and hello

May 16th, 2012, 8:01 pm #1

Hello!

I am 43 and in the last 3 years have done 6 IVFs with my own eggs, one DE-IVF and one DE-FET. We had one unassisted pregnancy that ended in a missed m/c and one c/p with my own egg. From all the testing, the only issue we were supposed to have been facing was my poor quality eggs and more recently 3% morph. In addition to assumed standard tests from our REs we have done a DFI (nothing notable), basic clotting and immune screens (elevated PAI-1 and one MTHFR mutation), a lap and HSC, and several SHGs. Even though I have no glaring immune issues we are currently considering switching clinics to a more immune-friendly environment and working with a RI; we have our consult with the latter next month. We are lucky to have two more traditionally frozen blasts (4BB each) but are also looking into another fresh DE cycle. Our biggest hurdle has been finding an appropriate inhouse program that fits our donor profile requirements with a reputable clinic as we prefer to go this route rather than use an agency. To say that we are heartbroken and devastated by all this is an understatement. The prospect of having to go through another donor cycle has been extremely difficult. We can only hope that it will be worth it in the end.

I hope that my experiences can be useful to others and I look forward to getting to know you ladies and picking up a few things along the way.

e.
Last edited by e.m.d. on May 16th, 2012, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 16th, 2012, 9:18 pm #2

May your stay here be short! I've been here for over two years but recently graduated to the pink board after switching to the guarantee program at SG.

May 16th, 2012, 10:05 pm #3

Thank you and congratulations! I know that may couples are very happy with SG's program and they are on our inquiry list.

hopeful 7608
hopeful 7608

May 16th, 2012, 10:30 pm #4

Hello!

I am 43 and in the last 3 years have done 6 IVFs with my own eggs, one DE-IVF and one DE-FET. We had one unassisted pregnancy that ended in a missed m/c and one c/p with my own egg. From all the testing, the only issue we were supposed to have been facing was my poor quality eggs and more recently 3% morph. In addition to assumed standard tests from our REs we have done a DFI (nothing notable), basic clotting and immune screens (elevated PAI-1 and one MTHFR mutation), a lap and HSC, and several SHGs. Even though I have no glaring immune issues we are currently considering switching clinics to a more immune-friendly environment and working with a RI; we have our consult with the latter next month. We are lucky to have two more traditionally frozen blasts (4BB each) but are also looking into another fresh DE cycle. Our biggest hurdle has been finding an appropriate inhouse program that fits our donor profile requirements with a reputable clinic as we prefer to go this route rather than use an agency. To say that we are heartbroken and devastated by all this is an understatement. The prospect of having to go through another donor cycle has been extremely difficult. We can only hope that it will be worth it in the end.

I hope that my experiences can be useful to others and I look forward to getting to know you ladies and picking up a few things along the way.

e.
Welcome...this has been a great resource to me as I have also failed 1 fresh and 2 FET with donor eggs in the last month. We did try intralipids, steroids etc as I do have slightly elevated ANA. We also switched clinics to CCRM which has very high success rates and a guarantee program (and a special if you use their vitrified eggs). Just completed the ODWU which was overwhelming but much more detail oriented than our last clinic. They do not treat immune issues aggressively however although I will likely be on prednisone for a short time. I am also 43 and kind of thought once we moved to DE we should be pregnant without this much difficulty.

hopeful7608
hopeful7608

May 16th, 2012, 10:30 pm #5

Make that 3 failed cycles in the last 6 months.....oops

May 17th, 2012, 12:24 pm #6

Welcome...this has been a great resource to me as I have also failed 1 fresh and 2 FET with donor eggs in the last month. We did try intralipids, steroids etc as I do have slightly elevated ANA. We also switched clinics to CCRM which has very high success rates and a guarantee program (and a special if you use their vitrified eggs). Just completed the ODWU which was overwhelming but much more detail oriented than our last clinic. They do not treat immune issues aggressively however although I will likely be on prednisone for a short time. I am also 43 and kind of thought once we moved to DE we should be pregnant without this much difficulty.
CCRM has great stats. I didn't know they had a frozen egg bank. When I spoke with them they were really great, but they said there was pretty much no chance that they had an inhouse donor in my race, let alone in the ethnic backgrounds that we were hoping for. I'm glad the ODWU is behind you and hope that the results are good.

It's exceptionally frustrating when the onus of bad eggs is not solved by DE, especially when you go in thinking you had done your due diligence and the cycle itself goes well. I hope you find the CCRM approach to bring you success and I look forward to your updates. We really hope to use an inhouse program but perhaps we need to be open to that option. Best of luck for us all.

May 17th, 2012, 4:57 pm #7

There may be someone here who could offer you some guidance on clinics and donor pools who might be able to meet your needs...

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 17th, 2012, 4:58 pm #8

CCRM has great stats. I didn't know they had a frozen egg bank. When I spoke with them they were really great, but they said there was pretty much no chance that they had an inhouse donor in my race, let alone in the ethnic backgrounds that we were hoping for. I'm glad the ODWU is behind you and hope that the results are good.

It's exceptionally frustrating when the onus of bad eggs is not solved by DE, especially when you go in thinking you had done your due diligence and the cycle itself goes well. I hope you find the CCRM approach to bring you success and I look forward to your updates. We really hope to use an inhouse program but perhaps we need to be open to that option. Best of luck for us all.
If you care to share race or ethnic background some might be able to recomend.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 17th, 2012, 6:17 pm #9

We ended up going to CCRM but not using one of their donors, instead using a donor from an agency. Their screening was pretty thorough, for both me and the donor (she had donated there for a past cycle so had already met some requirements and knew the routine). We were just so sick and tired of failures at our other clinic and thought maybe CCRM could figure out why. Their testing uncovered nothing new, but the cycle went so much better than at the previous clinic (this same donor had been with us at the previous clinic too).

May 17th, 2012, 9:26 pm #10

There may be someone here who could offer you some guidance on clinics and donor pools who might be able to meet your needs...
Yes, any suggestions are welcome. Japanese or Korean are first choices, then other asian nationalities with a good physical match. We have been in touch with SDFC, ORM, RBA, CCRM and AF, as well as four NYC clinics since they are our closest options. Thank you!