Need NY Perinatologist Recommendation for Cycle (m/c mtd)

Need NY Perinatologist Recommendation for Cycle (m/c mtd)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 13th, 2012, 9:33 pm #1

Hi ladies,

I am waiting for my RBA consult but one requirement that they have if you are 45 or over is that you get a letter of good health from a perinatologist. This is not an easy feat as most only deal with...pregnant women. I called the perinatologist that I used when I was pregnant at the end of last year but the Dr. practically laughed at me. He said that he could not understand why an RE or OB/GYN was not competent to do this. Said that RBA must not know what they are doing (WRONG) but said that they would allow me to come to them but all that they could say is that as a woman with a healthy uterus...I can carry a baby. I did not like the attitude and would just assume deal with another peri that perhaps has done this before. Can anyone recommend someone in NYC? Thanks.

Manon
Manon

April 13th, 2012, 10:03 pm #2

Dee,

Im more a lurker than a poster, but saw your latest posts and decided to make contact. I'm also with Dr Toledo at RBA (hoping to cycle soon) and absolutely love him! He has been very positive so far, despite my lining issue... Regarding RBAs egg bank many requirements, it has been frustrating dealing with them, but I'm glad I'm done with all the testing and (almost) ready to cycle.

I asked my OB/GYN who referred me to a friend and I absolutely loved her! The perinatologist also thought it was strange that RBA would require a consultation with a perinatologist prior to pregnancy, but at the end I was happy I went to see her. She was very positive and said I was one of her healthiest patients! I'm in TN, so unfortunately cannot suggest anyone in NJ.

Just want to make contact and wish you tons of luck!

Manon

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 14th, 2012, 11:20 am #3

Hi Manon,

Thank you so much for posting!! Its so good to hear from someone else that will be cycling at RBA. Glad to hear that you really like Dr. Toledo. I am anxiously awaiting my consult with him in mid-May. I want to have everything in place when I do so that I can gain full access to the database. Do you know what it is exactly that they want the peri to say? Can the peri just send them a letter of good health? When do you plan on cycling? I hope that we can stay in touch. Wishing you much luck on your cycle!!

Manon
Manon

April 16th, 2012, 3:38 pm #4

Hello Dee!!!

Great getting in touch with you! I apologize for taking a couple of days to respond you, but was away for the weekend.

Ok, if you're 45 and over RBA requires you to take a lot of tests (blood work, heart, etc; they give you the list) and have them revised by a PCP. To me this was a major challenge, because I never had a PCP here in TN. Tried to call several, but they were booked solid (the earliest appointment was in two months). I finally found a very nice PCP that I could see in a couple of weeks.

So, I did all the testing, went to see the PCP, and then had another appointment with the Perinatologist. She said she was used to write reports to clinics and would send it right away. Best part, she was extremely positive, despite my lining problems! She said she has patients who are over 50 and pregnant! Finally, she guaranteed I was one of her healthiest patients. She really made me feel very positive and I need the reinforcement! I have already had a lot of disappointments and negativity!

I'm in the process of picking the donor now, which I think will be finalized soon. RBA does not have a huge list of donor (I think they have a little over 80), but I really feel comfortable about the ones I like so far.

Would you like to get in touch? I'm feeling awful lonely during this process and would appreciate sharing experiences. My email is manon dot prevost at yahoo dot com. Please feel free to email me.

Wishing you the best! Manon

deeinNYC
deeinNYC

April 16th, 2012, 6:22 pm #5

Great!! I would love to correspond..will send you an e-mail later today.