My Story

My Story

July 7th, 2011, 12:39 am #1

Hi, I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure about two years ago. My husband and I were told that donor egg ivf was our only option. My younger sister who was also my pillar and best friend decided to be my egg donor. Just before my cycle could begin last year my sister died from renal failure at age 25. So after taking a year off to grieve, I am about to begin the donor egg ivf journey again.

July 7th, 2011, 12:51 am #2

I am so sorry for your loss. Please note this board has a lot of great ladies on it that will support you thru this DE journey.

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

July 7th, 2011, 1:26 am #3

Hi, I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure about two years ago. My husband and I were told that donor egg ivf was our only option. My younger sister who was also my pillar and best friend decided to be my egg donor. Just before my cycle could begin last year my sister died from renal failure at age 25. So after taking a year off to grieve, I am about to begin the donor egg ivf journey again.
I have lost two siblings and my heart goes out to you.

I look forward to hearing of your success with DE. We're here for you!

Peace

Anon7
Anon7

July 7th, 2011, 1:40 am #4

I'm so sorry that you've lost your dear sister. That is so painful. I have siblings and haven't lost any. I do worry about them each day, however. I'm not the best at coping with loss - noone is really.

This is a good place. You will find lots of support and answers here. Best of luck to you as you begin this journey.

July 7th, 2011, 1:46 am #5

I will be hoping for a peaceful path for you and your DH in the DE process.
Best to you both.

July 7th, 2011, 1:58 am #6

I'm sorry that you've experienced such loss and that you've had such a difficult path. This is an amazingly supportive community. I'm glad you found your way here.

Peace

July 7th, 2011, 2:08 am #7

Your sister sounds as if she was a wonderful, giving young woman. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to continue this journey without her.

Please know that you will find lots of information and support here.

No question is off limits! Good luck-

July 7th, 2011, 5:14 am #8

I hope you'll soon find success.

Kim
Kim

July 7th, 2011, 11:11 am #9

I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. What an angel she was for even offering to donate. I cannot express my sadness over your loss of her. Hopefully somehow the pain will subside somewhat with time.
This board will be a great support for you. I've learned so much and feel calmer knowing I have all these wonderful ladies to support me. Good luck to you!

July 7th, 2011, 11:48 am #10

Extending you a welcome from me too! (n/t)