Metoo (kinda long)

Metoo (kinda long)

onandon
onandon

March 11th, 2011, 4:34 pm #1

Just checking in with ya. I have been away from the boards, and glad I gave you a chuckle about the vinegar. Actually it was a mix of 1/2 rice wine vinegar 1/2 reduced sodium soy. Not much...just enough to dunk those yummies creations in!
The reason I felt so compelled to give my advice on this is because I have been struggling with weight/type II diabetes for years. I was finally given the "official" medical clearance to try and carry a preg...so with being at least 60LBs overweight...way over 40, AND having Type II getting the A1C where the Dr always wanted it to be was in my opinion one of the biggest(among other ones) hurdles I have made in all of this IF s**t!!!!
Hope you are doing well. I am still a little confused that with an A1C of I think you said 8 right that you are not on any medication at all for diabetes? Maybe I missed it. I am only on insulin twice a day because of wanting to be pregnant...if not I would still be on pills. And if I get this damned body down to where it should be weight wise...who knows???
Just remember portion size is the number one thing that helps your numbers. I have many more little things that help...it is a lifestyle change to be sure, but this is basically the last couple of years any clinic is going to take me so I gotta keep up my work on this.
Best wishes...please update if you want

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2011, 5:14 pm #2

Sorry, what is vinegar and soy helps with? Thanks

Metoo
Metoo

March 11th, 2011, 6:54 pm #3

Just checking in with ya. I have been away from the boards, and glad I gave you a chuckle about the vinegar. Actually it was a mix of 1/2 rice wine vinegar 1/2 reduced sodium soy. Not much...just enough to dunk those yummies creations in!
The reason I felt so compelled to give my advice on this is because I have been struggling with weight/type II diabetes for years. I was finally given the "official" medical clearance to try and carry a preg...so with being at least 60LBs overweight...way over 40, AND having Type II getting the A1C where the Dr always wanted it to be was in my opinion one of the biggest(among other ones) hurdles I have made in all of this IF s**t!!!!
Hope you are doing well. I am still a little confused that with an A1C of I think you said 8 right that you are not on any medication at all for diabetes? Maybe I missed it. I am only on insulin twice a day because of wanting to be pregnant...if not I would still be on pills. And if I get this damned body down to where it should be weight wise...who knows???
Just remember portion size is the number one thing that helps your numbers. I have many more little things that help...it is a lifestyle change to be sure, but this is basically the last couple of years any clinic is going to take me so I gotta keep up my work on this.
Hi Onandon, You are livin my life! Well I'm hopefully only a day away from getting a schedule for my FET. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm trying to take the endless set backs in stride. I will truly be on cloud nine when I get that schedule. As for my battle with my HgbA1c, I only have myself to blame. Yes, I did notice an increase in my appetite this year when I was on the pill and so many of the IVF meds, but I've always been a stress eater. Right now I feel pretty good about getting back on track. I just refuse to let this get the best of me. I started keeping track of my eating and I spoke to a Registered Dietician yesterday. She told me to have about 45 carbs per meal and two snacks could total 45 so the total carb intake per day should equal 180gms. Also think I might give Yoga a try. Let me tell you that I hate stretching anymore so I don't know how that's gonna work but I'll give it a try. I was told I need to exercise 150 minutes per week to see a reduction in my HgbA1c. I think the eating is going to be more of a challenge than the exercise, to be honest. Thanks for the greeting and best to you in your journey. PS. There are some really great aspects to be 'way over 40' as you put it! =). I'm writing down your recipe and I promise I'll try it.

March 11th, 2011, 7:39 pm #4

So nice to see you here. I am 5'7 and 230 pounds, type 2 diabetic and I still HAVE diabetes but an 1AC of less than 6.

I will do a FET transfer beginning of May- I was trying to do a fresh cycle but it did not work out...My clinic has very good FET rates, almost what they do for fresh so I feel a little relieved about it.

I have a DD who is 18 months now from DE/DS so I have sort of been here, done this before. I just wanted to encourage all the Diabetics out there that this is do-able. You really need to be closely monitored when you DO get pregnant, though- I mean every other week monitoring- through the whole pregnancy. My pregnancy had me gaining 11 pounds- which was right for me given my weight when I started.

Hopefully we will be successful and we can hold each others cyberhands through a healthy safe diabetic pregnancy.

Aufrecht

Metoo
Metoo

March 11th, 2011, 11:44 pm #5

Hi Aufrecht, I'm so glad you responded to this post! I did a search and didn't find many posts regarding type 2 Diabetes. I love that your A1c is 6, wow! That's wonderful Are you on any medication? I was on Metformin but I switched to insulin this week. I think the dose is too low so I'm going to ask to have it adjusted since I'm still running a bit high throughout the day (over 200). Do you count carbs or exercise? Re: your upcoming FET ~I'm very excited for you! I'm looking forward to following your progress. It's nice that you're being agressive to have your children close in age. My son is 4. We didn't use IVF for him. As for my FET I'm waiting to hear if I'm scheduled for April or May.

Metoo
Metoo

March 11th, 2011, 11:48 pm #6

Sorry, what is vinegar and soy helps with? Thanks
"Several studies have revealed a possible way to reduce the impact of a carb-laden dish: add a little vinegar. Doing so seems to help slow the absorption of sugar from a meal into the bloodstream, apparently because vinegar helps block digestive enzymes that convert carbohydrates into sugar. "
I found this on the net....I dunno....it's worth a try.

March 12th, 2011, 12:20 am #7

hi, if you are planning to cycle stay away from anything with hormones in it esp soy products of any kind, cheers, TH

Metoo
Metoo

March 12th, 2011, 1:23 am #8

Thanks!
Ok will do. Well I just got 'bad' news...I almost have to laugh when I say that. I'm down but certainly not out. Endless delays but this one is probably for the best. I want a healthy baby ( or healthy babies). I received an email from the Fertility Center Nurse and was told My OB doesn't want me to have the FET until my hgb A 1c is under control. I didn't expect her to say that. It's a bit of a blow but.....i better get on it. I was hoping for the green light but instead it's just yellow. I won't miss a step. It's just one more hurdle but I'll get there. We are in way too deep to turn back now. Thank goodness for the support I have at home because that's what keeps me going. And I'm glad I can follow others having the same experiences on this board.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2011, 1:37 am #9

hi, if you are planning to cycle stay away from anything with hormones in it esp soy products of any kind, cheers, TH
or seen any research that shows a link between eating a little soy sauce and infertility or DE failure.

I vaguely remember something about high amounts of soy protein converting to estrogen, but I would think a little tiny bit of extra estrogen would not be a bad thing for DE anyway. Nothing wrong with a little circulating estrogen, and the amount from a bit of soy sauce would be miniscule.

onandon
onandon

March 12th, 2011, 4:02 pm #10

Hi Onandon, You are livin my life! Well I'm hopefully only a day away from getting a schedule for my FET. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm trying to take the endless set backs in stride. I will truly be on cloud nine when I get that schedule. As for my battle with my HgbA1c, I only have myself to blame. Yes, I did notice an increase in my appetite this year when I was on the pill and so many of the IVF meds, but I've always been a stress eater. Right now I feel pretty good about getting back on track. I just refuse to let this get the best of me. I started keeping track of my eating and I spoke to a Registered Dietician yesterday. She told me to have about 45 carbs per meal and two snacks could total 45 so the total carb intake per day should equal 180gms. Also think I might give Yoga a try. Let me tell you that I hate stretching anymore so I don't know how that's gonna work but I'll give it a try. I was told I need to exercise 150 minutes per week to see a reduction in my HgbA1c. I think the eating is going to be more of a challenge than the exercise, to be honest. Thanks for the greeting and best to you in your journey. PS. There are some really great aspects to be 'way over 40' as you put it! =). I'm writing down your recipe and I promise I'll try it.
You are welcome. After reading some of the replies here...I do not know if I can avoid soy. I have sort of been wanting to cut back on red meat, so I need my soy breakfast sausage and meatless meatballs!!! Yum
I wish you well, and yes I am on insulin and got the A1C down to 6 as well.
Sorry for your set back...I am glad I put in the extra work to get mine down, because I had to have a signed medical clearance...which I got now
Take care