March Madness – update and question

March Madness – update and question

New2011
New2011

March 27th, 2011, 1:44 am #1

I had my transfer yesterday and everything went well. I decided to transfer only one since I was afraid my body may not be able to handle twins (I am only 5:1 and small boned). I was ok with transferring only one yesterday since it looked like I was going to have a lot of blasts and I said I would rather do an FET than risk a multiple pregnancy. Sure enough I got a lot of blasts (15) But I read somewhere now blasts that didnt get to blast stage until the 6th day may not be as good as 5 day blasts and 12 of the 15 blast I have on ice didnt make it to blast until the 6th day. Does anybody have any experience with 6 day blasts? Is it true the 5th day blasts are better?
I know it seems crazy to already think about FET while on 2ww but I have to have a plan B to keep sane during the 2ww.
Good luck to all March ladies, wishing you the best and waiting to hear good news from everyone...

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 27th, 2011, 2:20 am #2

What a great outcome!
Don't know about 5 vs 6 day blasts but I agree with your thoughts on doing a single embryo transfer.

keifel
keifel

March 27th, 2011, 2:27 am #3

I had my transfer yesterday and everything went well. I decided to transfer only one since I was afraid my body may not be able to handle twins (I am only 5:1 and small boned). I was ok with transferring only one yesterday since it looked like I was going to have a lot of blasts and I said I would rather do an FET than risk a multiple pregnancy. Sure enough I got a lot of blasts (15) But I read somewhere now blasts that didnt get to blast stage until the 6th day may not be as good as 5 day blasts and 12 of the 15 blast I have on ice didnt make it to blast until the 6th day. Does anybody have any experience with 6 day blasts? Is it true the 5th day blasts are better?
I know it seems crazy to already think about FET while on 2ww but I have to have a plan B to keep sane during the 2ww.
Good luck to all March ladies, wishing you the best and waiting to hear good news from everyone...
I didn't realize that you already had your transfer. Welcome to the 2ww!

I don't know the answer to your 5 vs 6 day blast question, but each time I had a fresh transfer, they waited to see which ones made it to 6 days before freezing. I imagine that 6 is even stronger than 5, but if they're all blasts I can't imagine that it makes too much difference. I only have one frosty as a plan B back up.

New2011
New2011

March 27th, 2011, 2:58 am #4

Yes, we feel very lucky with the numbers.
But we had to agonize with the decision to transfer one vs two.
I am sure the good news will continue for you when you go for your beta next week so you will not need your plan B. When exactly is your beta and US next week?

March 27th, 2011, 3:00 am #5

I dont know the answer to your question but surely with that many frosties you will have something to work with if you need to do a fet. On day five I had 11 that they were still watching but by day 6 I only had one okay blast. They did freeze five others on day 5 but I cant imagine having 15 - wow!.

New2011
New2011

March 27th, 2011, 3:00 am #6

What a great outcome!
Don't know about 5 vs 6 day blasts but I agree with your thoughts on doing a single embryo transfer.
Yes, it was a hard decision to transfer just one but hopefully the right decision.

keifel
keifel

March 27th, 2011, 3:06 am #7

Yes, we feel very lucky with the numbers.
But we had to agonize with the decision to transfer one vs two.
I am sure the good news will continue for you when you go for your beta next week so you will not need your plan B. When exactly is your beta and US next week?
Hopefully you won't need plan B either.

My next beta is Monday, u/s not yet scheduled.

julie
julie

March 27th, 2011, 4:28 am #8

my 6 day blast is at hme with her daddy right now. I got pregnant with an FET so I think you have great numbers.

March 27th, 2011, 6:45 am #9

Sounds like the perfect cycle so far! Re: 5 or 6-day blasts, both can work. 5-day blasts are the 'norm' but think of how many things in people's lives are not right on the average line. Your cycle sounds very, very hopeful to me! I never had such good numbers. Good luck to you!

March 27th, 2011, 4:37 pm #10

Looking forward to hearing more good news. Have faith in those 6 day blasts. I am currently pregnant with twins from a FET with two six day blasts. Peace and sticky vibes, PAH