Looking for advice and any Nov cycle buddies

Looking for advice and any Nov cycle buddies

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

October 24th, 2011, 10:37 pm #1

So I just paid for my meds and I paid for 1/2 of my cycle cost (waiting for receipt to pay for second 1/2 w/ FSA). I will start lupron on the 30th. I am so nervous but so very excited that this could be the link to complete our family building. This will be my first DE cycle after one failed OE IVF and multiple m/c's ( 3 b/t children and 2 last yr). I have two OE children (7 y/o DD and 3 3/4 yr old DS). If I am successful it will close a 3 yr journey as we have tried so hard to make DS a big brother.

What should I expect on lupron??? I have been so emotional on BCPs this past wk.

Is there anyone else cycling in Nov???

Hoping to fit in here. I introduced myself back in June/July but wanted to recap as I am not regular posted but hoping to change this. BTW, I am 41.5 yrs old.

futurebeauty

October 24th, 2011, 10:38 pm #2

oops, (OE child ment in above post) n/t

October 25th, 2011, 12:45 am #3

So I just paid for my meds and I paid for 1/2 of my cycle cost (waiting for receipt to pay for second 1/2 w/ FSA). I will start lupron on the 30th. I am so nervous but so very excited that this could be the link to complete our family building. This will be my first DE cycle after one failed OE IVF and multiple m/c's ( 3 b/t children and 2 last yr). I have two OE children (7 y/o DD and 3 3/4 yr old DS). If I am successful it will close a 3 yr journey as we have tried so hard to make DS a big brother.

What should I expect on lupron??? I have been so emotional on BCPs this past wk.

Hoping to fit in here. I introduced myself back in June/July but wanted to recap as I am not regular posted but hoping to change this. BTW, I am 41.5 yrs old.

futurebeauty
I didn't have any physical side effects from the lupron. Hopefully you won't either. I had lots of anxiety related to doing a DE cycle but I have no idea whether the meds increased the anxiety or not. I wish you luck!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 25th, 2011, 1:39 am #4

futurebeauty
GL future beauty!nt

October 26th, 2011, 12:33 am #5

futurebeauty
I am new here but have been lurking on and off for a few years. Finally met a great guy and here I am! I started Lupron this past Sunday. We are meeting with RE tomorrow so hopefully I will be more clear on dates, etc.
A little history, high FSH diagnosed at age 38, divorced after 2 OE IVF attempts (one I was over stimulated and the other they retrieved 2 eggs,none fertilized normally.) I am grateful
I never had children with the ex. I am 42 years old now so for me I feel like now is the time. I live down in South Florida. So excited to be doing donor egg and feel so grateful to our donor. She has donated earlier this year, which did result in a pregnancy.She is married and has 3 children including a set of twins.
As far as the Lupron, I am having a hard time with it but that is just me. It has made me very irritable and I have a very short fuse. I don't have a ton of anxiety around the cycle (except the cost)so that helps a lot.
I look forward to following your journey and am happy this board exists.

Jen

October 26th, 2011, 12:36 am #6

Still figuring this out!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

October 26th, 2011, 3:34 am #7

I am new here but have been lurking on and off for a few years. Finally met a great guy and here I am! I started Lupron this past Sunday. We are meeting with RE tomorrow so hopefully I will be more clear on dates, etc.
A little history, high FSH diagnosed at age 38, divorced after 2 OE IVF attempts (one I was over stimulated and the other they retrieved 2 eggs,none fertilized normally.) I am grateful
I never had children with the ex. I am 42 years old now so for me I feel like now is the time. I live down in South Florida. So excited to be doing donor egg and feel so grateful to our donor. She has donated earlier this year, which did result in a pregnancy.She is married and has 3 children including a set of twins.
As far as the Lupron, I am having a hard time with it but that is just me. It has made me very irritable and I have a very short fuse. I don't have a ton of anxiety around the cycle (except the cost)so that helps a lot.
I look forward to following your journey and am happy this board exists.

Jen
It is nice to have a cycle buddy. I start lupron this sunday and then I have my first US/BW appt on Nov 8th. It looks like you are 1 wk ahead of me.

Well we could be twins on stats. I have been TTC since I was 38 and dx w/ high fsh at age 39. I was fortunate to have 2 children when I was 34 and 37 before my ovaries shut down.

We are similar in age and name as well. I hope we both get a BFP and put the saga behind us. Everyone says that DE is not a sure thing but it is hard not to be hopeful being that my old stats were 1% chance of success.
Good luck and keep us posted.

futurebeauty

Seymo
Seymo

October 26th, 2011, 6:23 pm #8

futurebeauty
I finally got AF today so I can start BC and Lupron so, in theory, I will be cycling in November too.

FWIW, when I did OE IVF I used Lupron and had no side effects.

October 27th, 2011, 12:19 am #9

futurebeauty
I am cycling as well in November, as I started Lupron today and tentatively scheduled for transfer on 11/17 at FIRM in Jacksonville. We are doing the shared risk program there. This will my first time with IVF. Have had very high FSH, in the mid 20's, and high Estradiol. Good luck everyone. I am 41.