Kekona, do you have another beta today?

Kekona, do you have another beta today?

November 3rd, 2010, 6:25 pm #1

If so... GL GL GL! Best wishes,
kenny

kekona
kekona

November 3rd, 2010, 7:21 pm #2

Beta went from 97 on Monday to 179 today. And I had an hcg shot Monday night, so the nurse says that might inflate it by 25. I'm a little worried, because if 179 is inflated, it's not doubling properly. Best case scenario, there were 2, and now just 1. But I'm hating these hcg boosters and I think I'll email Dr. K.

Progesterone went from 50 to 16 -- they told me to stop pio the other night, and now they're saying do pio.

November 3rd, 2010, 7:53 pm #3

my betas with my twins never doubled properly (more like every 60-72 hours) and I had five betas. There was no vanishing trip (only tx'd 2). I think you are TOTALLY FINE - each babe seems to have his/her own pattern, just to drive us totally insane before we've even met. I don't know what the hcg booster would have done (don't know the concentration, half-life, etc) but I really would assume everything is ok at this point - truly! Gosh why did they have you do the hcg booster though if they were going to do another beta today... totally annoying . Will they do another beta, or wait for u/s?

I would definitely do the PIO - but try a different suspension if it's irritating (beyond the usual lumps and bruising LOL). Hang in there, I'll bet everything is going great in there! Best,
Kenny

November 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm #4

u/s scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure why there isn't another beta scheduled yet. 9 years ago with ds, CCIVF was monitoring me and they practically had me camping out at the clinic that does my out of town monitoring!

November 4th, 2010, 12:58 am #5

Beta went from 97 on Monday to 179 today. And I had an hcg shot Monday night, so the nurse says that might inflate it by 25. I'm a little worried, because if 179 is inflated, it's not doubling properly. Best case scenario, there were 2, and now just 1. But I'm hating these hcg boosters and I think I'll email Dr. K.

Progesterone went from 50 to 16 -- they told me to stop pio the other night, and now they're saying do pio.
but I don't know how much the HCG booster would increase the level. How much HCG did you take? Did you take HCG booster only 2 days before the last beta check - you normally take them every 3 days. If you did then test 1 was also inflated so it is rising well. As for progesterone, mine was always 19 with crinone - I took 2 crinone a day and it doesn't show in a blood test very much it goes straight to the uterus. Also, Monday is very early for an ultrasound so don't expect to see very much at all except a small black circular shape with nothing in side just yet.

Carolina
Carolina

November 4th, 2010, 1:45 am #6

It would be nice to just have a definitive beta, wouldn't it? I don't know enough about the HCG booster to comment, but having it in the mix certainly confuses things. I know you went through something similar this summer, but try not to compare. This was fresh and 5-day, so your odds are excellent.

The numbers are going up and that's a good thing. Sending you more sticky vibes and good thoughts for your u/s on Monday.
xo C

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

November 4th, 2010, 2:22 am #7

u/s scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure why there isn't another beta scheduled yet. 9 years ago with ds, CCIVF was monitoring me and they practically had me camping out at the clinic that does my out of town monitoring!
and I always wondered why Dr. K ordered so few tests (betas, blood tests, you name it)... I asked him and his answer was twofold... 1) he knew that some women paid out of pocket for these tests and didn't want put that extra expense on them and 2) that he felt overtesting just wasn't useful... that it made us more anxious than comforted by the day to day testing (for betas mostly)... and that the outcome couldn't be changed even if additional betas were done...

Your betas are positive, you are pregnant. Congratulations, and try to hang in there.

Kekona
Kekona

November 4th, 2010, 2:37 am #8

ironically, they ordered a huge battery of expensive tests that weren't necessary b/c I'd successfully conceived and delivered previously. Lucky I got K. to change his mind on the tests before I laid out thousands out of pocket.

Kekona
Kekona

November 4th, 2010, 2:39 am #9

but I don't know how much the HCG booster would increase the level. How much HCG did you take? Did you take HCG booster only 2 days before the last beta check - you normally take them every 3 days. If you did then test 1 was also inflated so it is rising well. As for progesterone, mine was always 19 with crinone - I took 2 crinone a day and it doesn't show in a blood test very much it goes straight to the uterus. Also, Monday is very early for an ultrasound so don't expect to see very much at all except a small black circular shape with nothing in side just yet.
I had no booster before beta #1 (97). The night of beta #1, I had 2500 miu. Beta #2, 2 days later, is 179. I'm supposed to have another hcg booster tomorrow night. No more betas scheduled yet.

November 4th, 2010, 1:56 pm #10

I too think these numbers look fine. You are still within the range of doubling every 48 - 72 hours, so I wouldn't worry. They have your u/s booked really early eh?! I'm jealous! I'm still waiting I have 7 more days! Keep us all posted Kekona!

All my very best to you! And Congrats!!

ks