Just had my baseline ultrasound (OE / DE ment)

Just had my baseline ultrasound (OE / DE ment)

K
K

May 31st, 2011, 12:17 pm #1

So on my baseline u/s there were about 5 resting follicles in each ovary. When I did my OE cycle last time there were 3 total on baseline u/s. This makes me question doing DE vs OE but I have to remember what the odds are especially w my elevated FSH and age of 42. This entire process is so exhausting! I wish there was a crystal ball saying if it would work or not! Thanks for listening!

May 31st, 2011, 1:14 pm #2

I do empathize, K. I'm 43 now, and we went straight to DE after 6 IUI cycles, since our chances for OE seemed so slim. Still, during those months that we were weighing the options, I kept having this fantasy that I would miraculously conceive naturally. Before my cycle, the doctor did a mid-cycle u/s in lieu of a hydrosonogram, and I had a big follicle ready to go. I remember thinking "This could be my last chance to get pg with my OE." But now that I am pg with DE, those doubts are receding. I'm just very happy that it seems to have worked.

Take care, and best of luck.

Jen

May 31st, 2011, 4:20 pm #3

So on my baseline u/s there were about 5 resting follicles in each ovary. When I did my OE cycle last time there were 3 total on baseline u/s. This makes me question doing DE vs OE but I have to remember what the odds are especially w my elevated FSH and age of 42. This entire process is so exhausting! I wish there was a crystal ball saying if it would work or not! Thanks for listening!
Hugs K , I can so relate to what you are saying . I had my baseline ultrasound last week ( work up for DE cycle ) and I almost broke out in tears when I saw my poor ovaries . I actually have an AFC between 20-25 , normal fsh etc . I wonder all the time , what if we tried a few more cycles . But the fact is , I have never been naturally pregnant and only had two chemicals from 6 IVF's with OE . I guess there is a small chance of getting lcuky for all of us . We have to see what we are willing to do for that small chance and whether it is worth it . For me , we were basically broke after all our attempts paying out of pocket , spent 4 yrs of our lives doing infertility treatments . Me and dh were getting very depressed and hopeless . What if it works if we try again . What if it doesnt . For me that was the clincher . If I tried a few more cycles and failed , I wouldnt have the physical/emotional/financial reserve to try a DE cycle at that point and I would be even older than I am now . Already my friends have teenage children and we havent even started yet . I feel like life is passing us by while we have done these treatments . And not sure how many attempts with DE are needed and whether we will get success with it or not . All said , I do wonder about OE , I just remind myself of the reality and move on .

K
K

May 31st, 2011, 4:53 pm #4

I do empathize, K. I'm 43 now, and we went straight to DE after 6 IUI cycles, since our chances for OE seemed so slim. Still, during those months that we were weighing the options, I kept having this fantasy that I would miraculously conceive naturally. Before my cycle, the doctor did a mid-cycle u/s in lieu of a hydrosonogram, and I had a big follicle ready to go. I remember thinking "This could be my last chance to get pg with my OE." But now that I am pg with DE, those doubts are receding. I'm just very happy that it seems to have worked.

Take care, and best of luck.

Jen
But the reality is OE chance would be AT BEST 15%....
Thank you!!!

K
K

May 31st, 2011, 4:59 pm #5

Hugs K , I can so relate to what you are saying . I had my baseline ultrasound last week ( work up for DE cycle ) and I almost broke out in tears when I saw my poor ovaries . I actually have an AFC between 20-25 , normal fsh etc . I wonder all the time , what if we tried a few more cycles . But the fact is , I have never been naturally pregnant and only had two chemicals from 6 IVF's with OE . I guess there is a small chance of getting lcuky for all of us . We have to see what we are willing to do for that small chance and whether it is worth it . For me , we were basically broke after all our attempts paying out of pocket , spent 4 yrs of our lives doing infertility treatments . Me and dh were getting very depressed and hopeless . What if it works if we try again . What if it doesnt . For me that was the clincher . If I tried a few more cycles and failed , I wouldnt have the physical/emotional/financial reserve to try a DE cycle at that point and I would be even older than I am now . Already my friends have teenage children and we havent even started yet . I feel like life is passing us by while we have done these treatments . And not sure how many attempts with DE are needed and whether we will get success with it or not . All said , I do wonder about OE , I just remind myself of the reality and move on .
And the chance for success is so low so I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want to wait any longer for success either. It's just not fun hearing what I wanted to hear during my OE cycle.... They didn't even test my fsh today thank goodness. With my luck it'd be low and I'd question even more! Thanks for understanding. It seems silly but hearing other stories puts it more in perspective..... Again THank you!!

May 31st, 2011, 5:34 pm #6

I had the same thing happen to me with my baseline on my last de transfer! But I kept thinking my FSH is 72 and there is a real good chance that none of those eggs are healthy or would mature. And do I really need that emotional and financial setback now after ttc for 7 years?! Try to relax and just keep remnding yourself of your ultimate goal! Wishing you all the best on this cycle!

ks

K
K

May 31st, 2011, 7:21 pm #7

This is the advice I need to keep hearing!!!!! Looking forward!

ALM
ALM

June 1st, 2011, 12:34 am #8

I had 9 resting on my last OE cycle, with FSH of 8.4 and e2 of 58, which allegedly is great. I'm 43, so a bit older, but it didn't work. That said, there's no rhym or reason to any of this. I'm routing for you for success on this cycle. I'm right behind you. My baseline will be next Tuesday. Donor starts meds on Thursday. Very scary.

The decision is probably easier for me b/c of my situation, but I can see how it would make you question.

K
K

June 1st, 2011, 4:10 am #9

And my reality needs to be checked when the numbers come in good. I want success. It's my goal now.... My hope needs to focus all on this! I'm glad you're cycling with me! I wish they didn't do betas a Full 2 weeks After Transfer!!!!! Ugh!

ALM
ALM

June 2nd, 2011, 2:03 am #10

And I'll be POAS'ing starting at 4dp5dt. Sick, I know, but I know myself. I'll be doing it then, if not sooner. That's how I am. My donor starts meds tomorrow! Woo hoo! I guess I'll find out the AFC, etc. Very nervous!