Is one round of b/w and sono prior to transfer enough??

Is one round of b/w and sono prior to transfer enough??

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

May 22nd, 2012, 5:53 pm #1

Hi all

Question: I am on my first DE cycle. Retrieval is (tentatively) scheduled for this Saturday, with transfer 3-5 days later. For this whole cycle, I have only had one monitoring session (b/w & sono), which was last Monday (April 14). This does not seem like enough to me, to make sure I am where I should be prior to transfer. However, the RE's office does not seem to think I need to come in again.
but is just one round of b/w and sono prior to transfer really enough??

thanks!

May 22nd, 2012, 6:25 pm #2

at the US? I did a baseline US and BW, before starting estrogen. I then did BW at CD11 and CD14.

May 22nd, 2012, 6:33 pm #3

Hi all

Question: I am on my first DE cycle. Retrieval is (tentatively) scheduled for this Saturday, with transfer 3-5 days later. For this whole cycle, I have only had one monitoring session (b/w & sono), which was last Monday (April 14). This does not seem like enough to me, to make sure I am where I should be prior to transfer. However, the RE's office does not seem to think I need to come in again.
but is just one round of b/w and sono prior to transfer really enough??

thanks!
I had an ultrasound before starting meds to make sure I didn't have a cyst (because I did a few cycles before) - I don't know if this is standard or just because I had a previous cyst. During the DE cycle I had only 1 ultrasound - measured my lining and checked for the triple stripe pattern. It was all good, so I didn't have anymore ultrasounds. Sounds like you had everything checked out and it looks good - I wouldn't worry! Good luck!