IN FOR THE WAIT

IN FOR THE WAIT

June 14th, 2012, 5:48 pm #1

So I have not been on for awhile. I have been trying to focus on positive thinking and on getting my body ready for ET. Well DE was retrieved on Sunday. They got 13. 10 matured and 9 fertilized the next day. On day three I was surprised that they called me in for the transfer. RE said there were two strong leaders 8 cells and there was no reason to wait to day 5. So I had my transfer and I am 1dp3dt. I feel okay a little nauseaus, and lots of lower back pain. some breast tenderness. Oh transfereed two 8 cell embies. Just waiting, eating pineapple and talking to my little ones. Any advice on other things to do or expect?

June 14th, 2012, 8:37 pm #2

That you will probably be bat**** crazy between the hormones and the completely reasonable anxiety about the outcome. Just go with it. GL! Maggie (in VA)

June 14th, 2012, 9:03 pm #3

So I have not been on for awhile. I have been trying to focus on positive thinking and on getting my body ready for ET. Well DE was retrieved on Sunday. They got 13. 10 matured and 9 fertilized the next day. On day three I was surprised that they called me in for the transfer. RE said there were two strong leaders 8 cells and there was no reason to wait to day 5. So I had my transfer and I am 1dp3dt. I feel okay a little nauseaus, and lots of lower back pain. some breast tenderness. Oh transfereed two 8 cell embies. Just waiting, eating pineapple and talking to my little ones. Any advice on other things to do or expect?
During the initial 2 week wait, I try to plan one special thing every day to look forward to. I mix in really special thing like a pedicure or a massage with smaller things like having coffee with a friend, or seeing a movie. That way, each day I have something to look forward to. I find that it helps the time go by a little easier. Best wishes to you for a BFP!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

June 14th, 2012, 9:13 pm #4

I hope those embies are snuggling in for a long stay. GL with the 2WW!

June 15th, 2012, 12:26 am #5

Wishing you good luck on your cycle.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 15th, 2012, 2:15 am #6

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

June 15th, 2012, 5:13 am #7

During the initial 2 week wait, I try to plan one special thing every day to look forward to. I mix in really special thing like a pedicure or a massage with smaller things like having coffee with a friend, or seeing a movie. That way, each day I have something to look forward to. I find that it helps the time go by a little easier. Best wishes to you for a BFP!
I've heard shoulder massages are not a good idea for immediately after transfer or during pregnancy as it can cause uterine contractions. Does anybody know if this is true or is it just an old wives' tale? (Not trying to be a fear-monger or anything.)

June 15th, 2012, 5:16 am #8

Resting (I always tried to spend a lot of time on my left side, as that's supposed to increase the blood flow to the uterus), avoiding heat, especially hot baths and showers, avoiding lifting, making sure you get enough hydration and take your vitamins. I think that just about covers the major things.

Implantation can be from day 6 post ovulation on. Hoping it happens for you. Stay sane.

June 15th, 2012, 2:38 pm #9

Congratulations, it sounds like everything went very smoothly and you have great embies transferred. I was told to be on bed rest for 2 or 3 days and I mostly complied. I really enjoyed the waiting to see as I found it very exciting even though I did not have too much hope as it was my first time. I tested positive at home on day 6 after a 5 d transfer and the result is lying in my bed right now quacking for more food. Wishing you every success and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Best regards
Pict

June 15th, 2012, 2:57 pm #10

That is a great idea . . . . nt