I survived (good news ment, mc ment)

I survived (good news ment, mc ment)

Zoya2
Zoya2

August 8th, 2012, 3:56 pm #1

I had an ultrasound and first prenatal visit yesterday. It all went well, and I'm measuring right on at around 8 and a half weeks. And I saw the heartbeat!

I had been dreading this visit so much because in the past couple of years I've been pregnant and have miscarried many times. Eight and a half weeks is a milestone for me - the heartbeat had always stopped by this point. I've had first prenatal visits with this practice before, and this is the first one I've left with good news.

I was expecting things to go badly. I was thinking about what I'd do if there was no heartbeat, would we try again, how would I feel, would I give up, did I have it in me to go back for the frosties and brace myself for heartache again. Ugh, this process is so brutal, and I really do think it takes a long time to get past the - for lack of a better word - PTSD from failed cycles and m/cs.

I'm happy that it all went well. I'm still not relaxed, but I'm sure the realization that so far it looks good will sink in eventually

August 8th, 2012, 6:00 pm #2

so happy to hear your appt went well. That little flickering heart just takes your breath away. I know how it feels to dread those appts and have considered not having any US in the first trimester. Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 more months!

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 8th, 2012, 7:41 pm #3

I had an ultrasound and first prenatal visit yesterday. It all went well, and I'm measuring right on at around 8 and a half weeks. And I saw the heartbeat!

I had been dreading this visit so much because in the past couple of years I've been pregnant and have miscarried many times. Eight and a half weeks is a milestone for me - the heartbeat had always stopped by this point. I've had first prenatal visits with this practice before, and this is the first one I've left with good news.

I was expecting things to go badly. I was thinking about what I'd do if there was no heartbeat, would we try again, how would I feel, would I give up, did I have it in me to go back for the frosties and brace myself for heartache again. Ugh, this process is so brutal, and I really do think it takes a long time to get past the - for lack of a better word - PTSD from failed cycles and m/cs.

I'm happy that it all went well. I'm still not relaxed, but I'm sure the realization that so far it looks good will sink in eventually
So happy for you and hope your pregnancy will be completely uneventful!

August 8th, 2012, 9:09 pm #4

I know all too well that feeling of anxiety and then relief. I hope you can relax even more as things progress.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

August 8th, 2012, 11:00 pm #5

I know how scary these visits can be. I wish I could say just sit back and enjoy the ride but we can never do that in our situations.

I hope you continue to have all good news and a beautiful baby in 7 months.

FB

August 8th, 2012, 11:04 pm #6

You must be so excited.

August 9th, 2012, 12:15 am #7

Many congratulations on your good news!! I absolutely dreaded going to the OB during my first trimester... making it to 8 weeks was a milestone for us as well, so I completely understand how you felt. And as much as I adore my OB, I seriously considered switching practices because I felt like I'd never received anything but bad news there!

Wishing you an uneventful and relaxing 32 weeks.
Leigh

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 9th, 2012, 2:15 am #8

Congrats!! n/t

August 9th, 2012, 5:02 pm #9

What wonderful news!

Lisa
Lisa

August 10th, 2012, 4:14 pm #10

Hi,
I am so happy for you! I will keep you in my prayers!!!
Breathe and try to relax. Easier said than done, I know.
Lisa