I screwed up - help!!! I missed a dose!!!!

I screwed up - help!!! I missed a dose!!!!

June 19th, 2011, 10:45 am #1

I fell asleep last night right after progesterone and astrogen shots - but before inserting the estradiol/progesterone suppository. I just fell asleep. I remembered as soon as I woke up this morning at 6am (so I instered it 6 hrs late.) It should be ok, right? If cycles were this delicate, no one would get pg, right? Help!

I think my clinic tends to really dose up on the progesterone, so I'm probably fine with last night's IM progesterone and estrogen shots. But still - I can't believe I screwed this up. We ran around so much yesterday, that I just collapsed. I wait until bedtime to insert the suppository because it is a bit messy, but obviously I should insert it at the same time I do my shots, because I'll just screw it up again otherwise.

Last edited by elseeG on June 19th, 2011, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 19th, 2011, 12:13 pm #2

I am also looking for a good app for the iPhone like "Pill Reminder Pro" to send me a message when a dose is due for multiple Rx so that I take them at the exact time every day (the alarm function is just not cutting it). Maybe something like that would help you.

June 19th, 2011, 1:34 pm #3

I fell asleep last night right after progesterone and astrogen shots - but before inserting the estradiol/progesterone suppository. I just fell asleep. I remembered as soon as I woke up this morning at 6am (so I instered it 6 hrs late.) It should be ok, right? If cycles were this delicate, no one would get pg, right? Help!

I think my clinic tends to really dose up on the progesterone, so I'm probably fine with last night's IM progesterone and estrogen shots. But still - I can't believe I screwed this up. We ran around so much yesterday, that I just collapsed. I wait until bedtime to insert the suppository because it is a bit messy, but obviously I should insert it at the same time I do my shots, because I'll just screw it up again otherwise.
You should be fine. I forgot on more than one occasion to insert my endometrium suppositories in the PM and am currently just over 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I would end up falling asleep and then wake up the next morning freaking out. Obviously it is not a good idea to forget your meds on a regular basis but if you forget them once it should not make a difference.

I ended up setting an alarm on my cell phone to help me remember.

Me:40, DH:42, ttc #1 for over 3 years
2/08 Day 3 FSH - 16.4, Day 10 - 11.1
3/09 Day 3 FSH - 10.9, Day 10 - 23.6
Stage 4 endo diagnosed in 11/07
IUI #1 - BFP (4/08)- m/c @ 10wks
IUI #2 - BFN (9/08)
IUI #3 - BFN (10/08)
IUI #4 - BFN (01/09)U/S with trigger shot.
IUI #5 - BFN (02/09)
IUI #6 - BFN (03/09)U/S with trigger shot.
Femara/Letrozole 2.5 mg for IUI's 1- 5
Clomid 100 mg for IUI #6

IVF #1 - April 2010 - Canceled due to low E2 and poor response.

IVF #2 - June 2010 - Canceled due to low E2, thin lining and poor response.

IVF #3 with DE April/May 2011
5/4 - Transferred 2 blasts
BFP!!!
1st beta - 60 @ 6dp 5dt
2nd beta - 181.9 @ 8dp 5dt
5/27 - 1st u/s - TWINS!!!

K
K

June 19th, 2011, 2:17 pm #4

And wouldn't go down that fast.... thank goodness!

June 19th, 2011, 2:32 pm #5

and besides, exhaustion is a good sign of pregnancy! (I slept nearly 10 hours last night.)

Anon7
Anon7

June 19th, 2011, 3:27 pm #6

I've missed an estrogen pill b/c I have to take them 3x per day and sometimes forget the mid-day pill, and they said I'm already to go. You're on top of it now, so don't worry. You're right. I doubt anyone would ever get pg if it was this delicate. Best of Luck!

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 20th, 2011, 1:02 am #7

K
K

June 20th, 2011, 2:08 pm #8

I set an alarm on my phone to remind me.... It works otherwise I'd forget! Nt