I'm beginning to think I might never transfer our last embie....urgh!!!

I'm beginning to think I might never transfer our last embie....urgh!!!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

August 30th, 2011, 1:04 am #1

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
Quote
Share

Calm
Calm

August 30th, 2011, 2:42 am #2

You will transfer your embie!!! You will...but I know it must feel like you can't catch a break!! I am sure you have anger and frustration building - channel it all into this next time. This embie will wait for you...this I know!!! (((HUGS)))
Quote
Share

Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 7:15 am

August 30th, 2011, 3:08 am #3

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
but I believe that your doctor will find the right combination and that it will happen for you. I so admire your stamina and determination and I know that they will pay off.

I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how your bloodwork checks out on the 9th.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 10th, 2008, 6:33 pm

August 30th, 2011, 4:43 am #4

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
that that is this part of the process. waiting. waiting to find donor. waiting to sync. 2WW wait. waiting waiting waiting. terribly hard. my heart goes out to you.
Quote
Like
Share

keifel
keifel

August 30th, 2011, 10:06 pm #5

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
(((hugs)))

Waiting does seem to be its own form of torture in this journey. It is very unfair!
Quote
Share

Joined: February 6th, 2007, 1:08 am

August 31st, 2011, 1:10 am #6

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
Is there any reason why you don't do a fully down regulated cycle so that you don't have to rely on ovulation dates, if it were me I would prefer to do that, especially if you are ovulating early will your lining be optimal for pregnancy on a natural cycle?
Quote
Like
Share

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

August 31st, 2011, 11:25 am #7

By natural do you mean no estrace and no PIO? The other thing I was wondering about the cancelled cycle was if they had monitored me sooner and started ganirelix earlier would that have prevented ovulation? Thanks!
Quote
Share

Wish of Hope
Wish of Hope

August 31st, 2011, 1:43 pm #8

I'm so frustrated by delay after delay since Mother's Day. Finally I thought Friday was the day and today my FET was cancelled. As I've gotten older I have a tendency to ovulate earlier. When they sent me the FET calendar and they wanted to wait until actual CD 8 (but CD 5 on FET calendar) to check my E2 level. I called to express my concern. MD disregarded my concern and said have ganirlex on hand. Initial E2 was 140's. Scheduled u/s and more bloodwork for 2 days later. At that point I had a 20 mm cyst and seven smaller follies and a LH of 20. They had me start ganirelix that night. Next day LH was 11. Took add'l doses of ganirelix from Tuesday to Sunday. Went back this am for E2 and P4 check and P4 level indicates I ovulated......urgh!!! Tomorrow I start 10 days of lupron and go back for bloodwork on Sept. 9. If I'm adequately suppressed they will assign a new day one probably 3 or 4 days later.
surgery to remove a very smally polyp that was missed by a saline-sono, my obgyn picked it up in a u/s a few weeks ago, after having cycle after cycle canceled due to lining issues (which I never had) then cyst from being on way to much meds. finally went to high risk obgyn and he told me he sees a tiny polyp and now have to go for a office hysterscope...then most likely surgery, I probably won't be able to cycle for awhile. I HATE WAITING!!!

but will try to stay positive...Best of Luck to the both of us!!
Quote
Share

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

August 31st, 2011, 10:30 pm #9

It is just so frustrating that the MD's and nurses think these delays are no big deal. You think working in this field they would get a clue.
Quote
Share