I lost my beloved Pomerian in the night (loss ment)

I lost my beloved Pomerian in the night (loss ment)

January 17th, 2012, 5:21 am #1

For those pet lovers here, you know what I am going through now. Six hours ago my 12 year old Mighty, who was one of our six kids we had before we had kids, died from heart disease. He has been on medication for almost two years and fought the fight. He has been my shadow ever since his partner/brother Biscuit died in January 2009, waiting for me to get out of the shower so he could get in and drink the water on the floor, then wait for a little towel-dry from me. He was the sweetest animal in the world to all the babies that came along, as well as toddlers. Mighty died in my arms as we raced to the vet at 2 a.m., and they tried valiently revive him. It wasn't to be. I know he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart in 2010 -- I never doubted there was a large heart in there......

We don't know how we are going to tell the kids....... they are only 6, 4, 4 and 22 months so the understanding will be so different.

Sorry for sad news. I just needed somewhere to go. I know I am still in shock. Now I need to find the Rainbow bridge again, sadly.
fb

January 17th, 2012, 5:26 am #2

It is very sad to lose such a special family member. What a wonderful home he had. I have been thinking how I would explain to my children since our Australian Shepherd has been getting worse lately. I know you will find true and beautiful words to explain, only as you can. I am very sorry. (((())))

January 17th, 2012, 5:31 am #3

For those pet lovers here, you know what I am going through now. Six hours ago my 12 year old Mighty, who was one of our six kids we had before we had kids, died from heart disease. He has been on medication for almost two years and fought the fight. He has been my shadow ever since his partner/brother Biscuit died in January 2009, waiting for me to get out of the shower so he could get in and drink the water on the floor, then wait for a little towel-dry from me. He was the sweetest animal in the world to all the babies that came along, as well as toddlers. Mighty died in my arms as we raced to the vet at 2 a.m., and they tried valiently revive him. It wasn't to be. I know he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart in 2010 -- I never doubted there was a large heart in there......

We don't know how we are going to tell the kids....... they are only 6, 4, 4 and 22 months so the understanding will be so different.

Sorry for sad news. I just needed somewhere to go. I know I am still in shock. Now I need to find the Rainbow bridge again, sadly.
fb
Losing a much loved pet is just awful. They can be so sweet and such wonderful companions. I'm sure you were a wonderful mom to him providing him with a loving home all these years. Sadly they don't live very long. . I wish your family peace as you grieve the loss of your doggie.

January 17th, 2012, 6:32 am #4

fb
Our pets become beloved members of our family. Especially when they provide unconditional love and comfort during our difficult times. It is always so sad when one passes away, as if there is a void. I am so sorry you are going through this.

January 17th, 2012, 10:50 am #5

fb
Big hugs.

January 17th, 2012, 10:52 am #6

fb
I know how absolutely awful this feels. It is such a heartbreaking, empty feeling. It will be tough to tell the kids. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May your sweet boy rest in peace and may you and your family find peace knowing what a wonderful and loving home you gave him for so many years. A big hug to you.

Tracey

January 17th, 2012, 11:36 am #7

fb
he sounds like such a sweet little guy - i know what a sad time this is for you. good luck telling the kids

January 17th, 2012, 1:00 pm #8

fb
I hope you are able to tell the kids in a way that helps them deal with the loss. Our neighbors did a little service for their dog and had a picture of their dog engraved into a stone. They still talk about their Snuggy a lot even after 5 years - I guess they kept his memory alive and the kids seem ok with this approach. Good luck and huge hugs.

8 Years Ago is was just DH and me. Now we are family:
DD(7),DD(4),DS(4) & DS(2)
(now thinking about a dog)

January 17th, 2012, 1:12 pm #9

fb
this breaks my heart, really, he was your baby for so long. I'm so very sorry for your loss, I know how it feels and we are right there with you

January 17th, 2012, 1:12 pm #10

fb
I am sorry for the loss of your dear family member. Maybe you can have the children do something special to remember him/her?
Good luck in telling them about the loss..I understand how hard this can be.