I guess I worry about everything....

I guess I worry about everything....

Maggie
Maggie

November 10th, 2011, 1:11 pm #1

In addition to the bleeding I of course have one more concern. When I had my ultrasound on Friday I was measuring 2 days behind. They said don't worry it's no big deal even though I know the exact day I should be at. So fast forward to yesterday and I'm measuring 4 days behind, still have a good heartbeat and the subchorionic is fairly small. Now I'm worried that the baby is slowing down and may not make it since the growth rate doesnt seem to be steady. My RE doesnt have the first measurement because it was done at the hospital. Of course I can't stay off google and found studies that sound highly concerning. I thought I would see if anybody had experience with this....and hopefully good outcomes!!!

Crazy Lady
Crazy Lady

November 10th, 2011, 4:15 pm #2

Is your RE worried?

If I get to be pregnant, I'm sure I will worry about every detail, too. But try to relax, take good care of yourself, and stay away from google for a bit!!

My sister-in-law experienced a similar situation with OE IVF - they kept telling her the baby was "behind" and everything turned out fine...

November 10th, 2011, 9:55 pm #3

In addition to the bleeding I of course have one more concern. When I had my ultrasound on Friday I was measuring 2 days behind. They said don't worry it's no big deal even though I know the exact day I should be at. So fast forward to yesterday and I'm measuring 4 days behind, still have a good heartbeat and the subchorionic is fairly small. Now I'm worried that the baby is slowing down and may not make it since the growth rate doesnt seem to be steady. My RE doesnt have the first measurement because it was done at the hospital. Of course I can't stay off google and found studies that sound highly concerning. I thought I would see if anybody had experience with this....and hopefully good outcomes!!!
If not, there can be quite a bit of variation. I will keep you and your LO in my thoughts and prayers.

Maggie
Maggie

November 10th, 2011, 10:26 pm #4

No they were not, one was at the hospital and one was as the RE's office. The funny thing is I never even paid this much attention to ultrasounds with my daughter....infertility can make us so nervous!

November 11th, 2011, 12:04 am #5

and the growth won't necessarily be steady. Also, although you know when your transfer was, I would think that implantation could still be a variable. Try not to worry unless your RE seems concerned--but I know how hard that is. You're in my thoughts.

November 11th, 2011, 2:51 am #6

try not to worry - it sounds normal! nt

anon lala
anon lala

November 11th, 2011, 11:59 am #7

These ladies know what they are talking about. Lots of reasons for this. lOTS of hugs sent your way!!!!!

November 13th, 2011, 1:57 am #8

Hi Maggie,
Don't worry about that meansurement ok. I've got my lad's ultrasound pics here and his measurements for various things e.g. head circumference, limbs, ... are all over the place. He was ahead for some things and behind for others. If your doc says 'meausrements look fine' then don't worry.
Seriously - don't worry.
Also, sometimes you might get a slightly different reading from when you go to a specific ultrasound place to your doctor's ultra sound.
Write on the pink if you are still concerned.
Look forward to seeing you on the pink, best THK