Hysteroscopy vs HSG/ failed cycle

Hysteroscopy vs HSG/ failed cycle

Bharani
Bharani

May 18th, 2011, 1:17 am #1

Hello ladies,

I have had another failed cycle and this time I transfer more than the two previous time. Now, the thought of failing 3 DE's is very devastating. I saw my Re on Sunday. He wanted to do another cycle, but I have to do alot of stuff before I decid at least thinking where I will get the expense... and also I had myomectory, removed fibroid in July 2009. I haven't done any checking after that.
What do you think to do (HSG or hysterscopy) to check the uterus?
Any other thing you want to share.
Thank you

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 1:45 am #2

I have rarely seen someone on the boards go through so much heartache and so many cycles, and I know you must be devastated.

I'm sure there is lots of brainstorming and questions and suggestions, maybe the green board can help, but for now I just wanted to say sorry.

ALM
ALM

May 18th, 2011, 1:56 am #3

Hello ladies,

I have had another failed cycle and this time I transfer more than the two previous time. Now, the thought of failing 3 DE's is very devastating. I saw my Re on Sunday. He wanted to do another cycle, but I have to do alot of stuff before I decid at least thinking where I will get the expense... and also I had myomectory, removed fibroid in July 2009. I haven't done any checking after that.
Thank you
First, I am so sorry. This is very tough stuff. I would advise you to do the hysteroscopy as the HSG doesn't show everything. Best of luck to you. xx

Zaytune
Zaytune

May 18th, 2011, 2:43 am #4

Hello ladies,

Thank you
Bharani , I am so sorry for what you are going through . For your testing I would go with hysteroscopy as it is a better test than HSG . I am planning to get that done myself . My RE repeats it every two years , even if nothing abnormal is found . Are you with a clinic with good success rates ? Is getting another opinion an option . You can try getting atleast a phone consult with one of the top RE's , if you are not with one already. You might get some good ideas that you maybe able to use wih your current RE . What is your RE's explanation for the lack of success ? What has been your specific issue , egg quality/uterine factors ? Would you consider immune testing for you and DNA fragmentation test for your dh(to uncover sperm quality issues).

May 18th, 2011, 8:05 am #5

Hello ladies,

Thank you
You are having such a tough time. I agree with the other posters, I would do the hysteroscopy first as this will give you a more fuller check. Hugs to you.

E&H
E&H

May 18th, 2011, 8:43 am #6

Hello ladies,

Thank you
Just wanted to ask was this cycle a total negative or was it a chemical. I'm wondering if the anonymous post below was you. Sorry to ask but if it was a chemical it makes a big difference to your next course of action as a chemical shows that you did at least have implantation.

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm #7

Hello ladies,

Thank you
Thinking about you. What is the quality of the embryos you are transferring? Are they where they should be on the day of transfer?

May 18th, 2011, 1:37 pm #8

Hello ladies,

Thank you
I too had three fresh DE cycles fail, then followed with an FET from the third cycle that failed too. Its beyond heartbreaking when what SHOULD be the magic answer doesnt fill our arms and there arent any answers.

Talk with your RE and get a plan in place- do the hysteroscopy, and see if there is anything else you can change/add - immune testing, DNA frag testing on the sperm, adding steroids, etc.

Again, I am so sorry, I know how you feel and it sucks.

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 3:43 pm #9

Hello ladies,

Thank you
I would do the hysteroscopy, i have had the hsg come back normal and followed it up with the hysteroscopy and they found a polyp that did not show up on the hsg.

demomone
demomone

May 18th, 2011, 4:55 pm #10

Hello ladies,

Thank you
I am sorry the cycle did not work.
Yes, I think you should do the test..My RE insited on a HSG after a myomectomy..just to be on the safe side. Ended up, I did need additional surgery to clean up some scar tissue. I would do it..you just never know.
Wish it could have turned out differently for you and really hope you can manage the finances to continue.