Hysteroscopy Heal time -- Copperman or Palter

Hysteroscopy Heal time -- Copperman or Palter

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

May 17th, 2011, 3:30 pm #1

Hi all --

Am going to see two NY A listers for scarring issues next week (Copperman and Palter) and was wondering...any experiences with either of them?

Also -- if they do a hysteroscopy how long does the healing take before they you can start a cycle for FET? I had to freeze all and want to get the show on the road....

My RE says she only sees one adhesion band on the lower part of the uterus and wants to do another Sonohystogram to see if it is really there -- it was painful to say the least --

May 17th, 2011, 4:34 pm #2

In your shoes, I would just tell your RE you need to think about next steps and go see what Dr. Copperman or Palter has to say. Lots of ladies/couples need time off to decide what they want to do next during their ttc journey, so that shouldn't surprise him.

Now, I had assumed that it would be months of healing, but when the doctor at GIVF had me back for my follow-up visit after my hysteroscopy about six weeks after the procedure, I asked him when I could cycle, and he said, "You're as good as you're going to be. You can start whenever you want." Now, that scared me, too: was he saying that if I *didn't* move quickly, I'd risk the scarring reoccurring? (Because, at that time, my husband announced that if I wanted kids, we'd have to divorce.) So, I don't know what they'll tell you.

Like me, you have banding, but in a more critical part of the womb that is more likely to prevent implantation or cause m/c. For my own part, I really wonder whether my surgery was necessary -- it was banding in the upper corner of the ute. They'll have you on HRT to help heal the wounds.

If you got the "A" list, then I guess you signed on to the ashermans.org, so these are probably good questions for that list.

GL, and keep us posted!

Maggie (in VA)

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

May 17th, 2011, 6:10 pm #3

Hi Maggie --

I am going to see them both next week and see what they say. It is interesting because the doc at cooper said i could do nothing and chance it and hope that the embies do not attach there and grow and that the upper part of the uterus is more important to conceive -- who knows...I don't know BUT I do know with my luck if I do not get it taken care of then the embies will implant on the adhesion...just the ways my odds fall --

so by any chance do you know how much a hysteroscopy runs? I will be out of pocket for either doc ---

Thanks!

May 17th, 2011, 8:06 pm #4

In case my insurer didn't cover it. But that was several years ago; think I chucked some of those notes and docs. Bah, I think I wrote it in the margins of some of my work notebooks, and I just purged all but the most recent one. Anyway, it was performed in a hospital, and I think I remember that it would have cost me $3-4K with the direct pay discount in 2008. Aside from implantation, I would be afraid of the banding causing another m/c. What if the banding causes a m/c and traps matter in the ute -- I have no idea whether that's a realistic scenario, but the last thing you need is another m/c.

Anyway, good luck. I'm soooo glad you're seeing an A-list doctor.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)