how many D&Cs have you had (pregnancy ment)

how many D&Cs have you had (pregnancy ment)

Dee
Dee

May 25th, 2011, 5:29 am #1

I am having my 2nd one, so I worry about how that will impact future pregnancies. Curious if anyone has had 2 or more, and had a successful pregnancy later on.

demomone
demomone

May 25th, 2011, 11:24 am #2

But honestly, I had a hysteroscopy a few months after the last d&c to check before I cycled again and I did have scar tissue from the d&c's that was not previously there. I required some surgery to correct that.Since you are so far along, I would do the d&c and you will also find out more about what caused the loss but do have someone take a look at your uterus before you cyce again. Also, make sure you have a copetent surgeon do the d&c..I used a regular OB-GYN rather than my RE who is a fertility surgeon as well and paid the price of another surgery.
Good luck to you.

demomone
demomone

May 25th, 2011, 11:31 am #3

I am having my 2nd one, so I worry about how that will impact future pregnancies. Curious if anyone has had 2 or more, and had a successful pregnancy later on.
question below.
PLease read

Scrapfoo
Scrapfoo

May 25th, 2011, 2:49 pm #4

Dee,
I am so sorry for your loss. I've had 5 MC and required 3 D&Cs. Since then, I have had a successful pregnancy which resulted in DD and am currently pregnant with twins from a FET.

I did have a hysteroscopy before my first successful cycle and an SHG before my FET.

I found the D&C to be easier to handle both physically and emotionally. But others will completely disagree.

Please be gentle with yourself.

Hugs,
Scrapfoo

May 25th, 2011, 4:23 pm #5

7 losses, but only two required D&Cs, the others I waited out and/or used cytotec (but had a horrible rxn to it - do NOT recommend this to anyone reading this post). I was able to have two successful pgs despite the D&Cs. Check your surgeon out thoroughly if possible beforehand - if you can, have an RE surgeon do it, as their job is preserving our fertility and they keep that top of mind. I know it's nearly impossible to research stuff in the frame of mind you are probably in right now, I know what I was like, but you want someone very skilled to up your chances of avoiding scarring. BUT I think MOST women do not have an issue following D&C, so everything should be just fine to ttc again. Try not to worry about that, and just get through this. I'm so, so sorry you have to go through this. Best,
Kenny

Kacee
Kacee

May 25th, 2011, 6:19 pm #6

twins at 11.5 weeks. I was give the option and chose not to D&C. It was tough, but I was more afraid of future consequences.

May 25th, 2011, 6:36 pm #7

Dee is 16w and I know the priority at that point is to avoid infection/ retained material that would cause more of a problem than a D&C. Plus she really needs the information from a tissue biopsy before trying again. Best,
Kenny

May 25th, 2011, 9:59 pm #8

My first m/c was d&c, my second I was booked for a d&c but I miscarried naturally the night before. I was 8 weeks.
When I attended the hospital the next day, the doctor asked if I had retained the miscarriage products (sorry but that is the phrase he used) because if I had then they could send away for tissue testing. Of course I hadn't because I didn't realise this was possible. He said that yes it was possible. He advised that if it happened in the future and particularly if the miscarriage products came away mostly intact as I had explained to him that it had, then I should simply wrap in loose cling film and keep cool and bring to hospital. I know this may sound difficult for some to do, but if I had known I would have done this. I was disappointed that I had missed the opportunity to test and get some answers.

I hope Dee or anyone else is not offended by this post, it is not my intention to upset anyone, I just thought the information may be worth knowing in the event that a natural m/c occurs.

May 25th, 2011, 11:51 pm #9

I have only had one so I have no advice but I wanted to give you support. I know they are not easy. Mine was not a walk in the park, I will spare the details. Please take care of yourself.

Kacee
Kacee

May 26th, 2011, 12:05 am #10

Dee is 16w and I know the priority at that point is to avoid infection/ retained material that would cause more of a problem than a D&C. Plus she really needs the information from a tissue biopsy before trying again. Best,
Kenny
a hospital setting. They were still able to doing the necessary testing. She also, did not want to take the chance of possible uterine damage and wanted her baby to come out in a natural way.

The same would be true if you m/c'd at home, but you would need to bring the remains to the hospital. It is not any easy thing to do, but quite a few of us have chosen that route.