How long?

How long?

March 12th, 2011, 1:31 am #1

I know everyone is different but if I was told a date that I would start the dreaded lupron. So how long is it typically once you start your meds to when your donor is ready? This is my first DE cycle so I am pretty green to this so please excuse if this is a dumb question. As, would the donor start medicine at the same time or does her's start before or after? I am just trying to get a time frame in my head, it helps me to put it in prespective.

March 12th, 2011, 8:31 pm #2

Hi - for what it's worth, I was on Lupron during my last (and final) IVF, and it wasn't bad at all. I was braced for all sorts of madness.

(As an aside, one doctor had me use Crinone cream progesterone - THAT was horrible! It was at least as bad as my PMDD days.)

Good luck!

Orchid
Orchid

March 12th, 2011, 9:03 pm #3

I am really sensitive.

I think it's like some people have PMS that makes them totally crazy and other people don't.

It's great your lurpon experience was good!!!

I found exercise helped me deal with it.

March 13th, 2011, 1:25 pm #4

I know everyone is different but if I was told a date that I would start the dreaded lupron. So how long is it typically once you start your meds to when your donor is ready? This is my first DE cycle so I am pretty green to this so please excuse if this is a dumb question. As, would the donor start medicine at the same time or does her's start before or after? I am just trying to get a time frame in my head, it helps me to put it in prespective.
I was expected to be on it for 9 days, but I ovulated through my cycle. In order to catch me up with the other recipients (I am doing a shared cycle), I stayed on it for another 4 days. Then once AF came, I was able to get on delestrogen and stop lupron. Since I have to catch up, I am having the delestrogen injections every other day for the 1st 4 shots, then every 3rd day like I should be taking, after that.

My main issues with lupron were headaches, which went away after a few days, and hot flashes, which continue and really aren't fun. On the delestrogen, I've been a little emotional (quite weepy yesterday for really no reason, well honestly maybe I was just a bit overwhelmed. We were travelling...a 24 hour turnaround on a 9 hour road trip. We had a death in the family and had to return quickly). DH was quite understanding and empathetic. It helped.

If all goes as planned, my ED will start her meds tomorrow (17 days after I started lupron)

Wishing you the best, and regarding the lupron...you can do it!

Calm
Calm

March 13th, 2011, 2:07 pm #5

...I was on lupron - albeit tiny doses 10U - for 28 days. Not sure why so long, partially waiting for donor who delayed a week from original plan. I overlapped it with BCP for a few days before going off BCP then stayed on it until retrieval.

I am one of those who didn't notice much other than bloating with lupron (I know, lucky!). I have a much much much more emotional reaction to BCPs and Crinone (constipation!). We are all so very different in our reactions it seems!!!

March 13th, 2011, 4:54 pm #6

I am really sensitive.

I think it's like some people have PMS that makes them totally crazy and other people don't.

It's great your lurpon experience was good!!!

I found exercise helped me deal with it.
I was prepared to be locked up when I went on the Lupron, but nada, luckilly.

Now, the Crinone progesterone? OMG - thought I was going insane. I could barely function. Crying everywhere. Falling asleep in meetings. Furious at everything and with everyone. It was absolutely awful.

keifel
keifel

March 14th, 2011, 2:31 am #7

It's a matter of sync with your donor and her cycle.

Hopefully it won't bother you. I actually am fortunate and don't really notice any symptoms.

Good luck!