How long after OE cycle did you go pursue DE cycle?

How long after OE cycle did you go pursue DE cycle?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 13th, 2011, 4:30 am #1

Dh and I are broke after so many failed OE cycles. I am 34 with high fsh. I need to save up for DE which will take 2-3 years. Did you ladies move straight to DE cycle shortly after OE cycle?

February 13th, 2011, 4:40 am #2

moved forward with DE. I researched DE during the same year. I needed to emotionally get ready and glad I did. I started very late in life TTC, so I had no other choice but to move on.

Money is the biggest issue for me now, but I keep trying.

Good luck. Ladies on these board are wonderful.

Blessings,

ANn

February 13th, 2011, 5:09 am #3

Dh and I are broke after so many failed OE cycles. I am 34 with high fsh. I need to save up for DE which will take 2-3 years. Did you ladies move straight to DE cycle shortly after OE cycle?
We always came so close with my own eggs, and my RE worked with me on price and meds. We went straight into DE when a friend donated and my RE worked with us on price. But we are just back at it going the agency route and starting all over.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

February 13th, 2011, 6:19 am #4

I think it can still be done for under 10k in the Czech Republic for example.

February 13th, 2011, 6:42 am #5

I tried 3 years OE before I moved to DE. Even then, it doesn't always happen that you have success with the first try. I had 3 DE attempts before I had a pregnancy that turned into a baby.

Please consider overseas clnics. I am now ttc2 and the total costs at Intersono are going to be $7500 for me including travel, hotel, meds, scans, treatment, donor fees etc...

Last edited by Aufrecht on February 13th, 2011, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2011, 10:11 am #6

I am hoping to go to Czech Rep for my first DE cycle, which costs $7,800, this excludes travel and accommodation. The clinic I am hoping to go to is Reprofit International and their website is 'myivfalternative dot com'

February 13th, 2011, 2:09 pm #7

nt

February 13th, 2011, 3:02 pm #8

I have been trying with my OE for 3 years. A year and 1/2 in I was diagnosed with POS, at my age we weren't ready to give up but similar to another poster, I started to research DE on the side as a back up. This helped emotionally (as much as it could) but b/c we are ready to move on and hope for this to work.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 13th, 2011, 3:54 pm #9

I have not though of out of country. Are there a good selection of Asian donor at Czech?

Thanks for all of your responses ladies!

February 13th, 2011, 7:52 pm #10

I see from reading these posts that in US you get a lot more information about the donor including photo's etc. In the clinic I am hoping to go to in Czech Rep, Reprofit International, you provide your photo to them and list the criteria that is most important to you. The matching process is done by the clinic. You do not get to see photo's of the donor etc. The clinic do give you some basic information about the donor for example, age, eye/hair colour, blood group etc. Not sure what the full list is of what they can provide as I haven't done my first cycle yet, hoping to do this in April, but you can email them your query about Asian donors, what specific details you would seek and they will respond. Also I'm not sure if its the same in all Czech clinics or whether they have different rules for different clinics there.

FWIW, I have been reading these boards for long enough to know that DE is not always successful on the first attempt. That is why I wanted to be sure we could save enough money to do a couple of FET's if we don't get lucky with the fresh cycle, but are lucky enough to get some frosties. If finances are a worry, as they are for me, then I want to be able to spread the money over as many tries as I can to give myself the best chance. And then all I can do is hope!

Good Luck.