HFI has a 60% live birth rate for DE, and Houston IVF has an 80% success rate!

HFI has a 60% live birth rate for DE, and Houston IVF has an 80% success rate!

K
K

May 8th, 2011, 6:10 pm #1

I've been looking at DE success rates on SART. I haven't found one higher than HFI, usually they were around the same, but Houston IVF rates are amazing! I wonder what accounts for that! I'm not switching because we already started... But wow! Yes, I'm obsessed.... I'm just tired of all this and want to get to the end... Just like everyone else I'm sure...
Xo

thesameboat
thesameboat

May 8th, 2011, 7:20 pm #2

Is that really 80% live birth? I'm a natural skeptic, I know, but I wonder if they aren't measuring live births but bfps. Or if they carefully screen their recipients and would refuse to help women who might have scarring etc. Sometimes I wonder if the clinics that report the super stats are ones that aim for stats (kind of like teachers who teach for the tests). Of course, I have no idea, just being me.

But 60% sounds good to me. Good luck!

H40+
H40+

May 8th, 2011, 7:23 pm #3

Houston IVF Cherry Picks

K
K

May 8th, 2011, 8:00 pm #4

Is that really 80% live birth? I'm a natural skeptic, I know, but I wonder if they aren't measuring live births but bfps. Or if they carefully screen their recipients and would refuse to help women who might have scarring etc. Sometimes I wonder if the clinics that report the super stats are ones that aim for stats (kind of like teachers who teach for the tests). Of course, I have no idea, just being me.

But 60% sounds good to me. Good luck!
It was live births... But I was wondering the same... How???nt

K
K

May 8th, 2011, 8:02 pm #5

Houston IVF Cherry Picks
When your using DE? I know when I was trying w my high FSH there was cherrypicking, but I wonder how they do it w DE?? My cycle needs to start!

LizLA
LizLA

May 8th, 2011, 8:31 pm #6

Houston IVF Cherry Picks
I do believe in stats.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 8th, 2011, 10:01 pm #7

I've been looking at DE success rates on SART. I haven't found one higher than HFI, usually they were around the same, but Houston IVF rates are amazing! I wonder what accounts for that! I'm not switching because we already started... But wow! Yes, I'm obsessed.... I'm just tired of all this and want to get to the end... Just like everyone else I'm sure...
Xo
Their average # of embryos trasferred is 2.0. And they have a relatively small # of ED cycles compared w/ other clinics.
Some clinics stronly recommend SETs: they may have a smaller average # of embryos transferred, and success rates lower too.

Dee
Dee

May 8th, 2011, 11:15 pm #8

When your using DE? I know when I was trying w my high FSH there was cherrypicking, but I wonder how they do it w DE?? My cycle needs to start!
I tried to get into a shared risk program at a clinic in Texas (where you pay a set amount for 3 DE cycles), however, I had already had two DE IVF failures.

They would NOT let me into the program, based on the fact that I had failed fresh and failed frozen DE transfer.

Ariande
Ariande

May 8th, 2011, 11:18 pm #9

I do believe in stats.
in my experience/understanding, clinics that want to cherry pick re. DE can do so by refusing to take some patients that might be harder to treat right out of the gate, by firing patients with too many failed cycles, & by refusing to offer shared risk cycles, which forces some patients to other clinics.

The 3rd one happened to me personally & I've heard of the 2nd one happening, including to a board buddy.

Usually it's the patients with repeat DE failures who end up seeing this side of things. We're in the minority as it is (which is good), but it means we also see a side of the business most never do.

I'm certain I saw things with my RE most of his patients never did, & it was not pretty.

Ariadne
Ariadne

May 8th, 2011, 11:18 pm #10

nt