help with results

help with results

Bharani
Bharani

February 10th, 2011, 12:44 am #1

Hello ladies,
If the Estrogen is 625, how many follicles do you think it is there? i read from this board, I think over 40 board, for each mature it is 200. The follicles are measuring between 15-17 and there is one at 2.
Prog= 0.8 and LH=0.23
Thanks

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 10th, 2011, 2:03 am #2

you cant know for sure until the retrieval. If the estrogen levals are increasing that is good. There will always be some larger and some smaller follicles, and the clinic will decide to trigger based on the size of the larger follicles, but also whether there are a lot of smaller ones developing. For example I had a donor and she was a "slow starter" with a few large follicles, but then she caught up and after 10 days they triggered her and there were a ton of smaller follicles that caught up in the last few days. That may not be too helpful but just to say the important thing is that the Estrogen keeps rising and that there are follicles developing. Good Luck. You deserve it!

e&H
e&H

February 10th, 2011, 11:25 am #3

Hello ladies,
If the Estrogen is 625, how many follicles do you think it is there? i read from this board, I think over 40 board, for each mature it is 200. The follicles are measuring between 15-17 and there is one at 2.
Prog= 0.8 and LH=0.23
Thanks
Are you sure it's not 6025

Bharani
Bharani

February 10th, 2011, 1:06 pm #4

I am so scare. I don't know what they do, it is not the norm. I will post agin tonight. Please look for my post.
Thanks

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 10th, 2011, 5:23 pm #5

Are you sure it's not 6025
eek that would be awfully high if it was 6000+, are the units different in Asia? Docs don't like for E2 to get much above 3000 total around trigger for fear of hyperstim.

Barawko, at this point E2 is probably rising fast, I would ask them at updates how many follicles in the size range, and ask why they are reporting a follicle size 2mm? Also Barwako, you said donor is on cetrotide and not lupron - cetrotide tends to suppress E2 levels per the patients on the over 40 board

Bharani
Bharani

February 11th, 2011, 1:38 am #6

I wonder who you are? You know me well.
I called and asked to verify the number. I was told the same thing as yesterday. Then I spoke to the person in charge of the ivf. She said exactly what you said cetrotide suppress the E2. But, what the De coordinator told me yesterday, and what this ivf lady told me are totally different in follicles size. Yesterday it was 15-17 and one at 20. Today, she said no, 16-20 and one at 21. Who to believe. I got speechless that simply I told her what I was told. But now the more I think about that it makes me angry. I will talk to them tomorow. again.
Thanks

Bharani
Bharani

February 11th, 2011, 1:44 am #7

you cant know for sure until the retrieval. If the estrogen levals are increasing that is good. There will always be some larger and some smaller follicles, and the clinic will decide to trigger based on the size of the larger follicles, but also whether there are a lot of smaller ones developing. For example I had a donor and she was a "slow starter" with a few large follicles, but then she caught up and after 10 days they triggered her and there were a ton of smaller follicles that caught up in the last few days. That may not be too helpful but just to say the important thing is that the Estrogen keeps rising and that there are follicles developing. Good Luck. You deserve it!
donor's estrogen. Please.

Bharani
Bharani

February 11th, 2011, 1:44 am #8

donor's estrogen. Please.