HELP (tmi) something is NOT right what could this be...

HELP (tmi) something is NOT right what could this be...

Starting over
Starting over

June 5th, 2011, 12:45 pm #1

been on estrace prep for FET today is 18 days ... friday lining was 14.6mm homogenous (RE is waiting to see if lining to converts to TL), E2 577, p4 less then 0.2...pain started yesterday feeling like a bad back ache with cramps, I just wasn't feeling right (like i feel before AF) dh & I decided to have sex (i wasn't feeling up to it but I felt bad saying no) it wasn't painful but alittle uncomfortable...get up 5:30 this morning with the WORST pain & pressure Just like a very BAD ovulation, pain in my left ovary around my back and ALOT of low pressure!!! cramps & bloating feeling... WTH could this be? it feels like I am OVULATING could this be possible??

I took tynelol and do feel better But still feel like when I am ovulating or I have a big brick sittting on the inside of my uterus pushing down...I think those darn estrace pills vaginally is killing me.

I go in tomorrow for another u/s & b/w will see what the heck is going on...friday ovaries where quite. also

Is it okay to be on estrace so long? and is it okay to go for transfer on CD28?? that is when my AF would have been due, isn't that way to late for a transfer wouldn't the lining be breaking down??

Thank you once again for any advice & info. (I am going out of my mind!)

June 5th, 2011, 2:05 pm #2

what the pain/bloating could be, but yes its OK to be on estrace for so long - your body doesnt know what CD you are on, because you are still doing estrogen only.

During a natural cycle - the body begins producing estrogen to build the lining the a few days after you begin shedding the previous one. After ovulation, the corpus luteum cyst begins producing progesterone, this keeps the lining in place - if something implants, the HCG keeps the corpus luteum active, producing progesterone, if no implantation occurs, the corpus luteum dies off, progesterone drops, and you shed the lining.

The hormone replacement we are on for DE cycles tries to mimic the way our body would normally work - estrogen to build lining to the triple stripe, then progesterone to convert and hold the lining (usually about 5 days before transfer - roughly the same time it takes an egg/embryo to travel down the tubes naturally after ovulation) - then continued estrogen and progesterone to keep everything in place until the pregnancy test.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

Starting over
Starting over

June 5th, 2011, 3:13 pm #3

I didn't know you can be on estrace to build or hold a lining for a long period of time...I always thought my body was trying to mimic my natural and will break free with AF arriving right on time or close to it...I also thought a embryo had to be transferred around CD21 which would be the time a normal/natural cycle embryo would implant.

I am feeling better But still feel like I am ovulating or getting ready for a full blown AF...I still have the crampy/uterine pressure feeling.

Thank you so much for all your info. it was really helpful!!!

bethphx
bethphx

June 5th, 2011, 3:18 pm #4

been on estrace prep for FET today is 18 days ... friday lining was 14.6mm homogenous (RE is waiting to see if lining to converts to TL), E2 577, p4 less then 0.2...pain started yesterday feeling like a bad back ache with cramps, I just wasn't feeling right (like i feel before AF) dh & I decided to have sex (i wasn't feeling up to it but I felt bad saying no) it wasn't painful but alittle uncomfortable...get up 5:30 this morning with the WORST pain & pressure Just like a very BAD ovulation, pain in my left ovary around my back and ALOT of low pressure!!! cramps & bloating feeling... WTH could this be? it feels like I am OVULATING could this be possible??

I took tynelol and do feel better But still feel like when I am ovulating or I have a big brick sittting on the inside of my uterus pushing down...I think those darn estrace pills vaginally is killing me.

I go in tomorrow for another u/s & b/w will see what the heck is going on...friday ovaries where quite. also

Is it okay to be on estrace so long? and is it okay to go for transfer on CD28?? that is when my AF would have been due, isn't that way to late for a transfer wouldn't the lining be breaking down??

Off and on I usually have time that I feel very crampy /bloated sometimes pain on one side or another - I always just attributed it to the elevated estrogen and the uterus responding to that. If ovaries are quiet Friday, you could not be ovulating this quickly...Also, as long as you are on the higher doses of estrogen your lining should not break down. I lope your lining is triple triped when you go in but I was one of the "anons" that replied to you that I have seen so many research articles that say homogenous lining does not affect implantation especially if your P4 levels are low- I would still go for it!

Starting over
Starting over

June 5th, 2011, 3:52 pm #5

for your positive words of encouragment...I feel like you do I want to go for it, I just have this strange feeling the my RE/donor coord. will say NO WAY if lining isn't TL despite of studies suggesting it doesn't matter what pattern. also, glad to hear I am not the only feeling this way on estrace vaginally, I think RE trying to convert lining to TL is also making my lining way too thick causing me pain.

The clinic I am transferring with is very old schooled straight by the Book, the clinic where I am being monitored can't understand why I have been cancelled in the past and why clinic will NOT do transfer with a great fluffy/thick lining.

Keep your fingers crossed for me...Best of Luck to you too!!!

Thank you again and will keep you updated

Leigh888
Leigh888

June 5th, 2011, 3:58 pm #6

but on del estrogen, I get the bloated/pressure/pain feeling. I feel exactly like I do before I ovulate. I think it is my ute reacting to the increasing estrogen. I tend to have this feeling the first few days, though, not after I have been on it for a couple of weeks. Maybe this is a good sign for you--your ute is finally reacting and developing the triple stripe. Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2011, 7:08 pm #7

I was on it for a one week trial after already being on patches for 2 weeks and having a lining of 8 TL. Wanted a thicker lining though, adding vaginal estrace for one week made the lining much better (grew 4 mm more). The downside is my blood level went from @500 to @2000, which (for me) gives that bloated crampy heavy achy feeling. Maybe you are absorbing high levels and having the side effects.

bethphx
bethphx

June 5th, 2011, 7:33 pm #8

for your positive words of encouragment...I feel like you do I want to go for it, I just have this strange feeling the my RE/donor coord. will say NO WAY if lining isn't TL despite of studies suggesting it doesn't matter what pattern. also, glad to hear I am not the only feeling this way on estrace vaginally, I think RE trying to convert lining to TL is also making my lining way too thick causing me pain.

The clinic I am transferring with is very old schooled straight by the Book, the clinic where I am being monitored can't understand why I have been cancelled in the past and why clinic will NOT do transfer with a great fluffy/thick lining.

Keep your fingers crossed for me...Best of Luck to you too!!!

Thank you again and will keep you updated
It sounds like they are more open minded I can't stand the "by the book" docs...