haven't posted here in a million years (success mentioned)

haven't posted here in a million years (success mentioned)

Deborah
Deborah

September 4th, 2012, 3:06 am #1

hello....hopefully no one here remembers me from when I was posting here...sooo many years ago. Hopefully you are all long gone with your successes and just pop by here once in awhile to give advice or to say hi. I recognize some names...Ariadne, PinkDuck, GIMB, Sameboat,....I remember others like Faith with her triplets and Paris.
I decided it's time to tell my story so others can hear what finally worked for me.
We started ttc in '99. by '01 we had moved on to IVF. 3 failed cycles at each top clinic is the northeastern US...I'm not kidding. St Barnabas, Cornell, Shady Grove. A ton of low dose stim cycles at Cooper. lots of faintly positive HPT and nothing more. Did Dr Beer treatments...LIT THIRTEEN times in Nogales, IVIg over and over again...Humira WEEKLY for 9 months. got more faint positive HPTs. Did Dr Toth treatment....had proteus mirabilis...did all his treatments...had a UTI organism was proteus mirabilis...so even his treatments couldn't help.
Moved on to DE.......did DE cycles over and over again with good donors...some not so good too but enough good ones to know that something is wrong when you just get a chemical after transferring 4 donor egg embryos! grade A.
Moved on to gestational carrier..first cycle BFN. Next cycle we had DS....carrier had to take tons of extra progesterone to 20 weeks.
Then we lost a baby girl at 20 weeks using gest carrier (she stopped taking progesterone and a few weeks later baby died).
Then with a different gestational carrier we just had DS #2.

Cooper has been our go to clinic for most of this..Dr Check was willing to work with us even though we had all these problems. He was incredible and always really supportive. We also worked this last time with a clinic in California called RSC in La Jolla..Dr Wood..they were incredible to work with. We went to them b/c our carrier couldn't come out to New Jersey.
Our agency was A Woman's Gift...Fran Fox..she is so devoted and helpful my only fear is she will burn herself out working so hard for intended parents.
I wish everyone here all the baby dust and luck in the world. I wish you all wonderful children who will be the light of your lives. If it could work for me after hearing my story remember it can work for you.

Ariadne
Ariadne

September 4th, 2012, 3:26 am #2

You have been through the wringer & more! Congratulations on your children. I have 2 boys now, too, & I'm done, so I'm not on this board too often anymore.

I'm glad to read you're through to the other side. What an inspiration you are! What a journey!

thk
thk

September 4th, 2012, 4:33 am #3

hello....hopefully no one here remembers me from when I was posting here...sooo many years ago. Hopefully you are all long gone with your successes and just pop by here once in awhile to give advice or to say hi. I recognize some names...Ariadne, PinkDuck, GIMB, Sameboat,....I remember others like Faith with her triplets and Paris.
I decided it's time to tell my story so others can hear what finally worked for me.
We started ttc in '99. by '01 we had moved on to IVF. 3 failed cycles at each top clinic is the northeastern US...I'm not kidding. St Barnabas, Cornell, Shady Grove. A ton of low dose stim cycles at Cooper. lots of faintly positive HPT and nothing more. Did Dr Beer treatments...LIT THIRTEEN times in Nogales, IVIg over and over again...Humira WEEKLY for 9 months. got more faint positive HPTs. Did Dr Toth treatment....had proteus mirabilis...did all his treatments...had a UTI organism was proteus mirabilis...so even his treatments couldn't help.
Moved on to DE.......did DE cycles over and over again with good donors...some not so good too but enough good ones to know that something is wrong when you just get a chemical after transferring 4 donor egg embryos! grade A.
Moved on to gestational carrier..first cycle BFN. Next cycle we had DS....carrier had to take tons of extra progesterone to 20 weeks.
Then we lost a baby girl at 20 weeks using gest carrier (she stopped taking progesterone and a few weeks later baby died).

Cooper has been our go to clinic for most of this..Dr Check was willing to work with us even though we had all these problems. He was incredible and always really supportive. We also worked this last time with a clinic in California called RSC in La Jolla..Dr Wood..they were incredible to work with. We went to them b/c our carrier couldn't come out to New Jersey.
Our agency was A Woman's Gift...Fran Fox..she is so devoted and helpful my only fear is she will burn herself out working so hard for intended parents.
I wish everyone here all the baby dust and luck in the world. I wish you all wonderful children who will be the light of your lives. If it could work for me after hearing my story remember it can work for you.
Dear Deborah,
Well done you made it (twice now). Good for you. Thankyou so much for posting. Many ladies here need to know to keep going and keep asking questions.
Congratulations best wishes, THK (formally JaneCCC I 'arrived' on the boards midway though 05).

THK
THK

September 4th, 2012, 4:36 am #4

Wanted to mention after 8 cycles I finally have a 20 month old boy. You have to keep going and going, best, THK

thesameboat
thesameboat

September 4th, 2012, 4:51 am #5

Good to hear that life is being good to you now and that your boys are happy and healthy. And I agree that it's good of you to pop in and let those still in the trenches know that it can happen, even after years of struggles.

Deborah
Deborah

September 5th, 2012, 11:57 am #6

You have been through the wringer & more! Congratulations on your children. I have 2 boys now, too, & I'm done, so I'm not on this board too often anymore.

I'm glad to read you're through to the other side. What an inspiration you are! What a journey!
thanks for the kind words...it's been a long and difficult journey. and I wanted to make sure the women here knew it can work..even against the odds it still can work.
and to thank everyone for being here..it would be a much more lonely journey without you ladies.
Deborah

Deborah
Deborah

September 5th, 2012, 11:58 am #7

Wanted to mention after 8 cycles I finally have a 20 month old boy. You have to keep going and going, best, THK
I remember you too...congratulations on your success.

Deborah
Deborah

September 5th, 2012, 11:59 am #8

Good to hear that life is being good to you now and that your boys are happy and healthy. And I agree that it's good of you to pop in and let those still in the trenches know that it can happen, even after years of struggles.
I agree...that's why I came back and posted. people need to know there can be good at the end of all this. you are still traumatized in ways others are not...but you really appreciate your kids in ways others don't.

September 6th, 2012, 1:08 am #9

Thanks for the lovely update. You sure had a long hard road - I have to say you must be one strong lady! I have 4 kids now and am busy but still check in on these boards. My path was so easy when I compare it to you but of course for each of us it is a journey. Congratulations!

Deborah
Deborah

September 7th, 2012, 2:45 am #10

very kind words.