Has anyone heard of VITRIFIED EGG DONATION?

Has anyone heard of VITRIFIED EGG DONATION?

SouthernQueen
SouthernQueen

December 5th, 2011, 8:03 pm #1

According to what I have read, there are some RE's which instead of matching us with a donor, they have thousands of frozen eggs waiting to be chosen. So, inestad of having to wait and coordinate donor and recepient, you only choose the donor, thaw the egg and, fertilize it and do the transfer.

This new clinic I am interested in assures a 97% success in 3 attempts.

I am wondering .. has anyone heard of this technique?
Should I go on trying with fresh embryos?

THank You

Maggie
Maggie

December 5th, 2011, 8:23 pm #2

I have used them for one cycle, a single embryo transfer and got pregnant the first time. I had a miscarriage nine weeks in but i don't think it's related to the egg being frozen. What clinic are you thinking of using?

December 5th, 2011, 8:45 pm #3

According to what I have read, there are some RE's which instead of matching us with a donor, they have thousands of frozen eggs waiting to be chosen. So, inestad of having to wait and coordinate donor and recepient, you only choose the donor, thaw the egg and, fertilize it and do the transfer.

THank You
Egg vitrification is still technically an experimental therapy. I don't know what RBA's frozen egg donor base is like, but I doubt whether the number of donors is in the thousands. RBA is pretty much the pioneer clinic for the technology, and several ladies here have gotten pg w/vitrified egg cycles there. GIVF also has a vitrified egg program, but I'd want to know about their stats before applying there. Someone here mentioned doing a frozen egg cycle in Memphis? Chattanooga? When the egg vitrification technology gets refined and the capability spreads to more clinics, it will radically change the face of donor egg therapy.

RBA's frozen egg cycles are more affordable than many clinics' fresh cycles, but they're still significantly more expensive than, say, a split cycle at CNY or Shady Grove, or a whole cycle in the Czech Republic. The downsides to those options are waiting lists, coordination, and in the Czech Republic, very little donor information.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

cotton
cotton

December 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm #4

THank You
i know that cornell in NYC is doing a trial and has had good results. a friend of mine got preg using the protocol at cornell. it didn't work the first time but then she had one embie left on ice and it worked on her FET! pretty amazing when you think it was double frozen: first the egg and then the resulting embie.

if you can afford another fresh cycle, that would be my suggestion only because you're having a hard time and the vitrification hasn't been perfected yet. also you should see what they mean by 97% success. how many people have actually done it and are in that group? what is the live birth rate? etc.

i don't know the rhyme and reason of why our DE cycles work sometimes and other times don't. i feel that if you have covered all your bases, gotten your immune testing done and checked your dh's sperm, then it really is somewhat of a crap shoot. here is my history to show you that miracles really do happen!

4 IUI's + 5 OE IVF's - all BFN
donor #1 transferred 2 blasts - chemical pregnancy
donor #1 FET 3 blasts of questionable quality - BFN
donor #2 we were cancelled out of that cycle because she didn't produce enough eggs
donor #3 transferred 3 on day 3 - BFP, early m/c
donor #4 transferred 3 on day 3 - success! our little boy is 3 yrs old!
donor #5 transferred 2 blasts - BFN
donor #5 FET 1 blast - BFN
donor #6 transferred 3 on day 3 - success! 28 weeks pregnant!

i'm wishing you all the very best!