Has anyone ever done this

Has anyone ever done this

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 15th, 2011, 1:43 pm #1

Has anyone ever used donor sperm and dh sperm in ivf cycle. No doctor knows why we have poor cell division, they say it could be egg or sperm. But i was thinking if we did this and if the ds embryo divided beyond a 5 cell, then we would know it was my dh sperm all along and not my egg.
Does this make sense to anyone, or is it a silly idea. Or is there another way to find things out. We have always done day 3 transfer, our embies are right on track on day 2, something happens to them on day 3.
I just cant think of any other way to try to find out what is wrong with us. Any help is appreciated. I am beyond fustrated at this point with 2 failed ivf, and just had transfer for ivf #3 and still didnt get passed a 5 cell. I have been on supplements and have dh on them too for months.
The only thing we have not done is dna frag test.

zaytune
zaytune

May 15th, 2011, 2:06 pm #2

Have you done DE cycles or OE ?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 15th, 2011, 3:09 pm #3

I have done 3 OE cycles.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 15th, 2011, 4:54 pm #4

Has anyone ever used donor sperm and dh sperm in ivf cycle. No doctor knows why we have poor cell division, they say it could be egg or sperm. But i was thinking if we did this and if the ds embryo divided beyond a 5 cell, then we would know it was my dh sperm all along and not my egg.
Does this make sense to anyone, or is it a silly idea. Or is there another way to find things out. We have always done day 3 transfer, our embies are right on track on day 2, something happens to them on day 3.
I just cant think of any other way to try to find out what is wrong with us. Any help is appreciated. I am beyond fustrated at this point with 2 failed ivf, and just had transfer for ivf #3 and still didnt get passed a 5 cell. I have been on supplements and have dh on them too for months.
But I would still recommend doing the sperm frag test (it's a cheap easy test compared to the horror of IVF OE and DE, your DH doesn't even have to go to a clinic for it, can be done at home and sent in yourself). Some of the better clinics require the sperm frag test anyway, for good reason.

You could do 1/2 and 1/2 (or 2/3 and 1/3 etc), and freeze the DS ones as backup in case of failure with DH.

thesameboat
thesameboat

May 15th, 2011, 7:37 pm #5

Used donor sperm on half of the eggs and DH's sperm on the other half. Transferred from both batches. I had never gotten pregnant before. We'd done severaly OE tries and had 3 fresh and one frozen DE cycles.

On donor 4 we tried this and I got pregnant but the embryo never grew properly and I m/c.

On donor 5 we got our child. We still don't know for sure if she came from DH's sperm or not.

One thing, though. On both of the cycles where I got pregnant, I also did immune treatments. We just wanted to change everything we could and we don't know what change was the necessary one.

Good luck.

zaytune
zaytune

May 15th, 2011, 9:53 pm #6

Thesameboat , what immune treatments did you take . Did you have any abnormal tests or did you decise yourself to go ahead with this to change something . I am finalising a donor for my first DE cycle and agonising over whether I need to look into immune issues or not . I dont want to end up with multiple failed cycles before we finally do that.

zaytune
zaytune

May 15th, 2011, 9:57 pm #7

I have done 3 OE cycles.
I had similar issues with my own egg cycles . Poor embryo quality( visually) . I contemplated doing the donor sperm as a test when I read about it in one of the forums . Ultimately decided against it , I had discussed with the top RE's in the country and they thought it was an egg issue . I am currently finalising a donor for my first DE cycle . We did 6 OE cycles at the top centers in the country with two chemicals .

PAH
PAH

May 16th, 2011, 1:04 am #8

We did half donor sperm and half DH's sperm. This was after a DNA frag test followed by three months of a vitamin cocktail. We purposefully picked a donor with a record of producing a high number of mature eggs so that we would have enough eggs to split and still get good information for decision making. I would factor in the number of eggs you typically produce into the equation as our RE didn't want to do a split with under ten mature eggs. Best of luck. PAH

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 16th, 2011, 3:45 am #9

I had similar issues with my own egg cycles . Poor embryo quality( visually) . I contemplated doing the donor sperm as a test when I read about it in one of the forums . Ultimately decided against it , I had discussed with the top RE's in the country and they thought it was an egg issue . I am currently finalising a donor for my first DE cycle . We did 6 OE cycles at the top centers in the country with two chemicals .
That your DH has already been tested for sperm DNA fragmentation as part of their standard workup....maybe that's why they are saying it is likely an egg issue.

thesameboat
thesameboat

May 16th, 2011, 11:22 am #10

Thesameboat , what immune treatments did you take . Did you have any abnormal tests or did you decise yourself to go ahead with this to change something . I am finalising a donor for my first DE cycle and agonising over whether I need to look into immune issues or not . I dont want to end up with multiple failed cycles before we finally do that.
and some NK cells. I also, oddly enough, had antibodies to chlamydia in my blood, although every test I'd ever had for chlamydia (vaginal swabs) had always been negative. My RI definitely thought that I needed treatment. She also thought the chlamydia could be living too high up to be caught by the traditional tests. (I was pretty furious about that because it was a $30 test that no one had ever thought to give me.)

It's really hard to say if you should be tested now or not. The tests cost a bit, too. I think mine were around $1500 but my insurance company surprised me by covering almost all of that. (They had never covered anything else.)

Good luck to you.