futurebeauty

smrc
smrc

August 16th, 2012, 10:02 pm #1

hope you got some good news today! keep us posted either way if you can. SMRC

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

August 16th, 2012, 11:06 pm #2

I got my first beta on Tues at 12dp6dt and it was only 41 so this is very very low as it should be in the 200 - 400 range. I went in for my second beta today and I fully expect the number to drop as this was unfortunately a chemical pg in my humble diagnosis. The labcorp that I went to today was short one person so the results were not faxed over to the clinic before the end of the day so I don't have confirmation yet.

I have been through multiple chemical pgs w/ OE so I know the joy of getting a BFP and then followed by a low beta number but never this low this late in the cycle.

So I have had 2 days to process the low beta and here are my choices: 1) Give up. 2) foster adopt a little one b/t age 0-3 as we want to keep the birth order the same for our children who are 7 and 4. 3) Donor Embryos. 4) DE w/ Shady Grove shared program and money back guarantee after 6 failed cycles.

I am leaning towards #2 or #4. I will probably fill out the children's shelter application in the next few wks and have our home study done and then see what happens. There are so many needy children in our community that maybe all my cycles failed for me to finally turn to this option for family building. If this option does not pan out then here we come Shady Grove w/ our 401Ks for funding.

I want to really send out a huge thank you to all my cheer leaders who really wanted this cycle to happen for us. It just was not meant to be for us w/ this donor.

I started my TTC journey in Jan 2009 for this child and 3 1/2 yrs later we are BROKE financially and spirtually I am damaged but not broken.

Thanks all,

FB

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 17th, 2012, 6:07 am #3

Of course, I hope you will turn out to be one of the lucky ones who has a ridiculously low first beta that goes on to grow into a healthy one, but I understand your reservations.

Wishing you only the best.

Mama Issa (Twins hopeful)
Mama Issa (Twins hopeful)

August 17th, 2012, 7:12 am #4

I got my first beta on Tues at 12dp6dt and it was only 41 so this is very very low as it should be in the 200 - 400 range. I went in for my second beta today and I fully expect the number to drop as this was unfortunately a chemical pg in my humble diagnosis. The labcorp that I went to today was short one person so the results were not faxed over to the clinic before the end of the day so I don't have confirmation yet.

I have been through multiple chemical pgs w/ OE so I know the joy of getting a BFP and then followed by a low beta number but never this low this late in the cycle.

So I have had 2 days to process the low beta and here are my choices: 1) Give up. 2) foster adopt a little one b/t age 0-3 as we want to keep the birth order the same for our children who are 7 and 4. 3) Donor Embryos. 4) DE w/ Shady Grove shared program and money back guarantee after 6 failed cycles.

I am leaning towards #2 or #4. I will probably fill out the children's shelter application in the next few wks and have our home study done and then see what happens. There are so many needy children in our community that maybe all my cycles failed for me to finally turn to this option for family building. If this option does not pan out then here we come Shady Grove w/ our 401Ks for funding.

I want to really send out a huge thank you to all my cheer leaders who really wanted this cycle to happen for us. It just was not meant to be for us w/ this donor.

I started my TTC journey in Jan 2009 for this child and 3 1/2 yrs later we are BROKE financially and spirtually I am damaged but not broken.

Thanks all,

FB
Fb i have been following on you results because we are in the same cycle bracket. i would want to respect you opinion but i feel like all is not lost for you the beta is low,things might turnout differently as this was fet. What i would advise is prepare for the worst but hope for a surprise miracle. Hang on there, through which ever way you decide one day it will be you turn and you way.
Mama Issa Africa

August 17th, 2012, 1:20 pm #5

Thanks all,

FB
I was really thinking no news was good news. Hoping that you don't give up to expand your family. I was really happy with SG, if you need any info let me know.

Be good to yourself.

KerriA
KerriA

August 17th, 2012, 3:25 pm #6

Thanks all,

FB
I am so sorry you are going through this, but, like the others, I am hoping your second beta takes off. It was a FET right? Those little frosties like to implant later.

I'll be thinking of you.

xoxo

kerri

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 17th, 2012, 4:05 pm #7

Thanks all,

FB
FB,

I'm so very sorry. I'm also hoping that you have a late starter on your hands. If not, it looks like you have worked out some options that are workable for you. I hope you and your DH find the best option for you and your family.

August 17th, 2012, 4:47 pm #8

Thanks all,

FB
I'm hoping you have a little late implanter. And if not I'm sending you hugs and hoping one of your other options works out soon for you. You've listed many options and you have a really good attitude. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

August 17th, 2012, 5:36 pm #9

Thanks all,

FB
Wishing you luck whichever path or paths you choose to take. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

smrc
smrc

August 17th, 2012, 10:08 pm #10

hope you got some good news today! keep us posted either way if you can. SMRC
I'm just so sorry to hear this and hope you got confirmation either way today. You sound so clear headed about next steps and the ones you have picked seem to be so promising towards your family building wishes. So once you have healed from this cycle I hope you keep moving forward and concretely. We'll continue to root you on. Sending hugs knowing this process is so hard. SMRC