Fortune Tellers do you believe? I'm so upset over it

Fortune Tellers do you believe? I'm so upset over it

Lisa-T
Lisa-T

March 5th, 2013, 9:19 am #1

went last evening with a friend who asked me to go with her so I went and got my cards read. She got a lot of things right with me and my partner etc and read my cards that covers 12 months.

Well when she was almost over she asked did I have any questions and i said "yes" can you see kids in my cards this year and she said NO not this year but she does see twin boys but not till the year after , I then told her I'm heading back to Prague in first week in April for egg transfer, so bascially from what she said my first cycle isn't going to work for us. As you can imagine I cried my eyes out to my friend after I had finished my card reading.

Should I cancel my treatment knowing its not going to work and save my thousands of euros until next year when she sees me getting pregant?

Devasted already and didn't even start yet.

What are your thougths for those who believe in card reading.

Thank you

March 5th, 2013, 9:26 am #2

I go and see fortune tellers too. A few have been very good but others have not. Anyway, if you are heading to Prague first week in April, wouldn't your baby be due early Jan? I haven't worked it out properly. I went to a fortune teller recently who got everything about me right but said I would have 6 husbands and 9 children. LMAO, I said I'd work on it, even he started laughing - this was some famous guy who had been brought over from India by a very high up royal. hahahaha, so if I'm going to have 6 husbands and 9 kids I'm going to live for ever and OMG I'm going to have to start looking for a surrogate cos I aint having any more kids.

March 5th, 2013, 11:26 am #3

went last evening with a friend who asked me to go with her so I went and got my cards read. She got a lot of things right with me and my partner etc and read my cards that covers 12 months.

Well when she was almost over she asked did I have any questions and i said "yes" can you see kids in my cards this year and she said NO not this year but she does see twin boys but not till the year after , I then told her I'm heading back to Prague in first week in April for egg transfer, so bascially from what she said my first cycle isn't going to work for us. As you can imagine I cried my eyes out to my friend after I had finished my card reading.

Should I cancel my treatment knowing its not going to work and save my thousands of euros until next year when she sees me getting pregant?

Thank you
then the ft will have been right.

Go.

Anonymous Lurker
Anonymous Lurker

March 5th, 2013, 2:20 pm #4

Thank you
wouldn't that put a due date in January - even if Jan 1 - that's the "next" year.

March 5th, 2013, 3:19 pm #5

On the other hand, I want to b****-slap that fortune teller from here to Nome for upsetting you. I have been known to dabble in Tarot, more from a perspective of exploring subconscious understanding than prognostication, so I do understand the impulse. But that person seriously cannot predict the future. I'm a little afraid now that if you go and the cycle doesn't work, and if their stats are similar to other Czech clinics', there's about a 50% chance it won't, you're going to think you were foolish to ignore the fortune teller, or worse, put more credence in his or her predictions.

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005 ... _prov.html

You know, there was an episode of "This American Life," I think it was, in which a man described how as a youth, he became a palm reader, and ultimately became convinced of his own ability, but then how he came to understand that he really was not predicting people's futures. I wish I could find it for you; hard to search of the right terms to bring it up; maybe another reader will recognize what I'm talking about and remember the details.

Anyway, have you made your downpayment yet? I think it would be silly, but if you're this convinced, I'm almost inclined to tell you to wait if you don't have money sunk into the cycle. But I would love it even more if you went and got pg.

{{{Hugs}}}

Maggie (in VA)

March 5th, 2013, 4:15 pm #6

Thank you
Ok, so you asked for the thoughts of those who believe in card reading.... That's not me, since I don't believe in that stuff, but I just can't not respond to your post - I feel so badly that you are devastated by what one person said - whether they are a card reader or a doctor, it's just one person and definitely not a reason to cancel a treatment.

"Should I cancel my treatment knowing its not going to work...?"
Do you really think she's 100% right?

For what it's worth, I ordered chinese food two nights before my transfer and I excitedly broke open my fortune cookie and you know what? The slip of paper was BLANK. I joked that was a bad sign - joked - Did I really believe a fortune could predict the outcome of a DE IVF cycle? No way! Two days later I had my transfer and became pregnant. The key is that I went to a top clinic with great stats - Don't lose sight of the goal and how to get there - fortune telling has NO outcome on your cycle.

By the way, if your transfer is in April then if it were successful your predicted twin boys could be born early 2014 (next year!) - so if you really want to believe what she said, then how about that?

CocoBoston
CocoBoston

March 5th, 2013, 8:38 pm #7

Thank you
All those psychics who told me I'd get pregnant have been wrong so far...some even gave dates. I remember twins predicted for me in the 1990s...

It's amazing when they're correct - it blows my mind - but they're wrong more often than right.

March 6th, 2013, 3:23 am #8

Thank you
Hi Lisa. Well, I think you should go and follow through with your plans. If she is correct then it is your destiny for this cycle not to work but you will have twin boys later.

Or, she could be totally wrong and this cycle will work. . Now that would be funny if you had twin boys soon. Maybe she is a bit mixed up on the dates.

Dee
Dee

March 6th, 2013, 4:13 pm #9

Thank you
My personal opinion is that most fortune tellers are con artists. If they tell you something that turns out to be true, it could be just coincidence. BTW, how much did you pay her?

March 6th, 2013, 11:01 pm #10

then the ft will have been right.

Go.
I agree with sameboat! nt