For the poster below looking at MD/ NoVA / DC and NJ clinics (pg ment)

For the poster below looking at MD/ NoVA / DC and NJ clinics (pg ment)

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 17th, 2011, 1:07 am #1

(first I want to say I live in this area too and feel your pain about finding a clinic! With the gazillions of people living here why is it so hard...)

All the clinics' success rates are published as stats, the most recent available are from 2009 on sart.org if you want to look them up. Here is how our local ones compare:

National average of all clinics in US = 55.1% fresh, 33.8% frozen

Shady Grove = 51.2% fresh, 23.4% frozen (!)

GIVF = 54.7% fresh, 46.8% frozen

Cooper = 61.5% fresh, 40% frozen

I was surprised what the stats reveal. A bit farther up the road is IVF NJ with good numbers (65.3% fresh, 50% frozen), but that may be just too far to drag a local donor. I don't want to say which clinic I went to and had success with since I am posting anon and not hyping any clinic, just repeating the published stats.

Julie
Julie

August 17th, 2011, 4:04 pm #2

so it should help 2010. I know that I did a fresh cycle at SG in Jan 2010 - BFN but I had a BFP in March of 2010 with an FET. My RE (Chang) said that they were seeing a marked increase in success on FET with vitrification so I am wondering if the 2009 are still skewed from before that. The day I had my first u/s after the FET, I was the 3rd positive pregnancy he had seen just that day. Of course there are 364 other days in the year but I thought that was interesting. I know I had two 6-day blasts that were frozen and put back and I had a singleton in November. I would see if they can give an update on the numbers for 2010 and thus far in 2011 if I were thinking about using them.

allieO
allieO

August 17th, 2011, 5:24 pm #3

I just looked at the sg website, and the de stats they have on that page say they are from 1/1/07-3/31/11
I can not figure out how to interpret these...but...Is it a mistake choosing to go there?????
Best of luck to all!

August 17th, 2011, 9:57 pm #4

For $29K had 6 fresh attempts (and any related FETs) to take home a live baby. Aside from the $29K my only costs were some tests they wanted me to update and my meds. I had 2 failed fresh and 1 failed FET at another clinic and DH would not go forward without any guarantee. I got pregnant on the FET from my fresh cycle at SG and I do know my RE said their numbers had improved in late 2009 and into 2010. My FET was in 3/10 and my DD's live birth was in 11/10 so we will be in the 2010 results. I would definitely talk to them about 2010 and 2011 FETs vs. the poor 2009 results. Have you had a consult there yet? Maybe call the donor coordinator? If you get satisfactory answers there, and are looking for a Shared Risk/guarantee program Shady Grove is a great place. Good luck.

August 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm #5

I got updated success rates when I went for my consult at SG. That way I saw more recent results vs. the combined results they show on the website. That was 2 years ago so that won't help you now. I would definitely call them about this -- they have preliminary 2010 numbers by now.