first de cycle

first de cycle

July 17th, 2012, 7:41 pm #1

Hello all
I'm 40 and I have a known donor. I have gone through 2 failed iui and 1 failed ivf using my own eggs. my numbers now are menopauzal so im moving to de. My donor is currently filling out the paperwork so we can move to next step. Has anyone had experience with a known donor she is a friend. Any advice. How long did the process take for you? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

July 18th, 2012, 1:54 am #2

How exciting to have a known donor. While I have no experience with one myself, I would imagine it could cut through a lot of red tape. I am guessing you would possibly do a mock cycle and move on quickly if all goes well. I hope it does!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Hope2009
Hope2009

July 18th, 2012, 6:29 am #3

Hello all
I'm 40 and I have a known donor. I have gone through 2 failed iui and 1 failed ivf using my own eggs. my numbers now are menopauzal so im moving to de. My donor is currently filling out the paperwork so we can move to next step. Has anyone had experience with a known donor she is a friend. Any advice. How long did the process take for you? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
In the coutry we llve we had to use a known donor for our DE Ivf cycle. Although our donor wasn't a friend at the beginning...she became one through the process.

It was a wonderful experience and continues to seem almost magical as everything unfolded perfectly. I was always waiting for something to happen, you know for the other shoe to drop,...but it was perfect.

As far as time frame..I guess this is dependent on your clinic and what they require. Our clinic required that our donor complete an extensive form with family health information etc, have extensive physical testing done, she had a consult with our Dr. and another with the clinic's fertility psychologist. We also had a consult with our Dr. another with the psychologist and of course we both had to have physical testing done. I was over 45 when we cycled so I had to have a mammogram and a ecg, blood pressure, etc...my DH did a SA....oh and I had a sonohysterogram the month before we did our fresh cycle.

It took us 6 months before we could start our cycle but that was partly due to the fact that our donor was out of the country when we met. Once she arrived it was really just 3 months before we cycled and one of those she was gearing up and on birth control pills.

Our first fresh cycle was 4 years ago this month...I was a July sparkler on this board...we used to give ourselves names....whoever was cycling that month would be called whatever we had decided at the time. Most of the sparklers got pg that month.

Sadly, our first fresh cycle ended in a chemical pg even though it was perfect...we had a freezer full of embryos though so we moved forward and we did our FET a few months later..I was a grateful October cycler...and that FET brought our son...so from the time that I met our donor it took us 9 months before I was pg.

But now 4 years later after that first fresh cycle...we have 3 children...we had our son in 2009 and then in 2011 we had twin daughters....although using De's isn't always the quick solution to becoming pg.....for most of us our family does come fairly fast compared to years of ttc with our own eggs.

So, Welcome again, this board was so supportive and knowledgeable when I was preparing to cycle....and of course beyond.

Blessings from Hope

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

July 18th, 2012, 10:53 am #4

Hello all
Welcome and good luck!! nt

Lisa
Lisa

July 22nd, 2012, 1:42 am #5

Hello all
Hi,
I have no experience with a known donor, but I want to say hi and welcome, and wish you tons of luck!!! Please keep us posted with your news!
Lisa