Finally ready to post! everything ment'd....v, very long!

Finally ready to post! everything ment'd....v, very long!

October 22nd, 2011, 4:16 pm #1

Firstly my thoughts and prayers are still with Kacee and her family at this very difficult time and I will try and attend the prayer/reflection time with all the other board members today at 3PST.

I cycled in the Czech republic for our second fresh DE cycle - first fresh and subsequent frozen ended with positive betas that then kept dropping. I had done 4OE ivfs here in new york with my first having a beta of 218 to drop to 150 drs told me to stop the meds then betas kept doubling then u/s with heartbeats etc til 9 1/2 weeks then no hb. d&c done and normal fetus. I still feel that had i not been told to go off my progesterone that the outcome may have been very different. I was so naive back then ugh.

so anyway we transferred 2 blasts with none to freeze. the day after transfer while i was still in czech republic I received some terrible news about an older dog of mine that had to be put down. I was totally devastated and cried for hours. my poor dh was beside himself worried about me (i travelled alone this time!) thinking i would sob the embryos right outta my uterus. i had a glass of red wine i was so distraught. I arrived back the next day and fell sobbing into his arms. I sorta gave up on the cycle as I was so down in the dumps.

at 7DP5DT i started testing positive on the digital but i had been down this road many times before so I didn't get too excited. I had my first beta on monday HCg 127 progest 26. again I had been here before so we didnt get excited. second beta wed HCg 287 prog 20. was happy with beta not happy with progest!. third beta fri HCg 616 progest 18! so the beta is good and doubling but the progesterone is falling. My doc here said up the progesterone so I emailed the dr in czech and he seems to think that everything is fine! i am erring on the side of caution and i am taking more progesterone.

i am still very unsure and i haven't really accepted the fact yet that i am indeed pregnant. i have another appointment monday with a blood draw and perhaps an ultrasound. we are still in denial. i want to say a special word of thanks to my cheerleaders THK, thesameboat and Mary. and I want to thank hope2009 for opening me up to visualization even tho I suck at it! LMD sorry for the very long post!

Amelia
Amelia

October 22nd, 2011, 4:34 pm #2

I am so sorry about your dog. Congratulations on your bfp, I will be thinking positive thoughts for you!

October 22nd, 2011, 5:15 pm #3

Firstly my thoughts and prayers are still with Kacee and her family at this very difficult time and I will try and attend the prayer/reflection time with all the other board members today at 3PST.

I cycled in the Czech republic for our second fresh DE cycle - first fresh and subsequent frozen ended with positive betas that then kept dropping. I had done 4OE ivfs here in new york with my first having a beta of 218 to drop to 150 drs told me to stop the meds then betas kept doubling then u/s with heartbeats etc til 9 1/2 weeks then no hb. d&c done and normal fetus. I still feel that had i not been told to go off my progesterone that the outcome may have been very different. I was so naive back then ugh.

so anyway we transferred 2 blasts with none to freeze. the day after transfer while i was still in czech republic I received some terrible news about an older dog of mine that had to be put down. I was totally devastated and cried for hours. my poor dh was beside himself worried about me (i travelled alone this time!) thinking i would sob the embryos right outta my uterus. i had a glass of red wine i was so distraught. I arrived back the next day and fell sobbing into his arms. I sorta gave up on the cycle as I was so down in the dumps.

at 7DP5DT i started testing positive on the digital but i had been down this road many times before so I didn't get too excited. I had my first beta on monday HCg 127 progest 26. again I had been here before so we didnt get excited. second beta wed HCg 287 prog 20. was happy with beta not happy with progest!. third beta fri HCg 616 progest 18! so the beta is good and doubling but the progesterone is falling. My doc here said up the progesterone so I emailed the dr in czech and he seems to think that everything is fine! i am erring on the side of caution and i am taking more progesterone.

i am still very unsure and i haven't really accepted the fact yet that i am indeed pregnant. i have another appointment monday with a blood draw and perhaps an ultrasound. we are still in denial. i want to say a special word of thanks to my cheerleaders THK, thesameboat and Mary. and I want to thank hope2009 for opening me up to visualization even tho I suck at it! LMD sorry for the very long post!
I am glad that you posted. I haven't been on the boards much lately, but I have been wondering how you have been doing. I am so very sorry to hear about your dog and that you were so far away when he died. That must have been very difficult.

I agree with you that you should err on the side of caution and add more progesterone like the RE here suggested. It has been my experience that the REs in the CR don't really test for progesterone and tend to not deviate from their standard protocols much. From what I have read, there would be no harm, but it could very well help, to increase your progesterone. My guess is that you are on the suppositories if you cycled in the CR, is that right? Would your RE add the PIO in addition to the suppositories? I would maybe ask about that as well. I am not a doctor, I only know enough to be dangerous and enough to help you come up with a list of questions for your doctor.

I will hope and pray and keep my fingers crossed that your betas continue to double, your P4 increases and that you soon hear/see a hb and that your pg goes smoothly. I hope to see you cross over to the pink soon, and with NO DRAMA. You've had more than enough of that already.

October 22nd, 2011, 6:32 pm #4

of your fur baby. I think is is better to err on the side of caution when it comes to progesterone and am glad you are taking more. I believe that this one is going to be your miracle.

thesameboat
thesameboat

October 22nd, 2011, 6:37 pm #5

I am glad that you posted. I haven't been on the boards much lately, but I have been wondering how you have been doing. I am so very sorry to hear about your dog and that you were so far away when he died. That must have been very difficult.

I agree with you that you should err on the side of caution and add more progesterone like the RE here suggested. It has been my experience that the REs in the CR don't really test for progesterone and tend to not deviate from their standard protocols much. From what I have read, there would be no harm, but it could very well help, to increase your progesterone. My guess is that you are on the suppositories if you cycled in the CR, is that right? Would your RE add the PIO in addition to the suppositories? I would maybe ask about that as well. I am not a doctor, I only know enough to be dangerous and enough to help you come up with a list of questions for your doctor.

I will hope and pray and keep my fingers crossed that your betas continue to double, your P4 increases and that you soon hear/see a hb and that your pg goes smoothly. I hope to see you cross over to the pink soon, and with NO DRAMA. You've had more than enough of that already.
I adore you, Margolis. I truly do!

ks
ks

October 22nd, 2011, 6:38 pm #6

I'm so happy for you! Definitely up your progesterone. How do they have you taking it?

I am so sorry for the loss of your doggie. I truly know how horrible that is. We lost one of ours on the day of my transfer (2nd transfer) when we were out of country. It just put a dark stain on everything. I like to think to myself though that when/if there is a heaven, the people are going to have to wait in line to say hi to me, I'm going to be attacked by all my beloved pets when I get there! LOL!

Keep us posted about your u/s!

All my best!

ks

thesameboat
thesameboat

October 22nd, 2011, 6:40 pm #7

I really think it's the right thing to do. (Though I'm not a doctor. Ha!)

And don't forget, your chances with DE are much higher than with OE. This is not like that other time. It's a whole different ball game.

(( ))

October 22nd, 2011, 7:29 pm #8

I adore you, Margolis. I truly do!
And, if I remember correctly, once you asked for someone to bring Captain Crunch to you from the states, is that right? Well, ever since then, I felt like we were kindred spirits. I grew up on Captain Crunch, and it is my comfort food along with chocolate and cherry coke. IT brings me back to a time when life was great, and I had no responsibilities. I was an early riser as a kid, so my dad (also an early riser) would fix me a small bowl of captain crunch. Then I would sit on his lap and he would read me the funnies (sunday paper comics) while everyone else slept. I loved that time, when I didn't have to share my daddy with my brother or sister. When they FINALLY woke up, we would all have pancakes, or something together. But, I just loved my captain crunch time with my daddy. No wonder I was always a daddy's girl!!!

ANd yes, at least I admit I am dangerous and always run to a professional, armed with my newly obtained knowledge from Dr. Google. I always say, Dr. Google is a wonderful tool to gather info, empower yourself and give yourself enough information to ask the right questions from your doctor. But, it is quite dangerous to be an "armchair" doctor, much like an armchair quarterback, huh? At least i admit it. The only thing more dangerous is to not admit it.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 22nd, 2011, 7:32 pm #9

I hope things will continue to progress for a healthy pregnancy. I agree with the pp about increasing your PIO. The RE I was seeing told me extra PIO does not do any harm but not enough can cause problems. Keep us posted on your progress.

So sorry about the loss of your dog.

thesameboat
thesameboat

October 22nd, 2011, 7:48 pm #10

And, if I remember correctly, once you asked for someone to bring Captain Crunch to you from the states, is that right? Well, ever since then, I felt like we were kindred spirits. I grew up on Captain Crunch, and it is my comfort food along with chocolate and cherry coke. IT brings me back to a time when life was great, and I had no responsibilities. I was an early riser as a kid, so my dad (also an early riser) would fix me a small bowl of captain crunch. Then I would sit on his lap and he would read me the funnies (sunday paper comics) while everyone else slept. I loved that time, when I didn't have to share my daddy with my brother or sister. When they FINALLY woke up, we would all have pancakes, or something together. But, I just loved my captain crunch time with my daddy. No wonder I was always a daddy's girl!!!

ANd yes, at least I admit I am dangerous and always run to a professional, armed with my newly obtained knowledge from Dr. Google. I always say, Dr. Google is a wonderful tool to gather info, empower yourself and give yourself enough information to ask the right questions from your doctor. But, it is quite dangerous to be an "armchair" doctor, much like an armchair quarterback, huh? At least i admit it. The only thing more dangerous is to not admit it.
What a wonderful memory! nt