FET question

FET question

May 11th, 2011, 1:32 am #1

If you are not on lupron for a fet, could you possibly ovulate and screw up the cycle while awaiting your thaw and for it to cultivate? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 11th, 2011, 3:02 am #2

If they can see you are growing a follicle or going to ovulate on a lining check before you start progesterone, they just cancel the thaw and wait for a different month. It doesn't hurt the embryos. It is frustrating for the recipient though because of another month delay, canceled travel plans, but the embryos are not touched. Most people stay suppressed just fine without lupron for FETs. Then again some people ovulate through lupron but that is rare. I used to be able to do FETs without lupron but as I've gotten older I seem to be ovulating through suppression.

bethphx
bethphx

May 11th, 2011, 3:21 am #3

If you are not on lupron for a fet, could you possibly ovulate and screw up the cycle while awaiting your thaw and for it to cultivate? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I believe it thinned my lining so if I do a medicated FET it will just be with estrogen- my RE said is is possible but very rare to ovulate throgh higher doses of estrogen...

Hope2009
Hope2009

May 11th, 2011, 5:18 am #4

I had the best lining out of the three cycles that I've done. I too was really concerned that I would ovulate but the dose of estrogen was high enough to prevent this from happening.

We have to travel a distance to our clinic so there is more involved than if the clinic were close in proximity. Anyway....regarding your question...the embies are thawed the morning of the transfer so you would know before the transfer if you had ovulated before the transfer. One thing I really liked about my last FET too was that the transfer took place around day 14 which is my normal ovualtion time....I had such a great lining and felt so good, i think this all helped to make it a successful cycle.

Hope this helps, blessings from Hope

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 11th, 2011, 11:35 am #5

they did an u/s. I was nearing ovulation so they gave me six doses of ganirelex and I was able to proceed with transfer.