FET is chemical...

FET is chemical...

October 17th, 2010, 12:04 am #1

this time my beta was + at 89 but then went to 105 and today 59, the doctor it is a chemical has no idea why but said it maybe my fibroid but all the other drs said the fibroid is on the back wall of uterus and would not interfere with implantation. He said I may want to consider shrinking it with drugs. When I asked him before the fresh and before this FET he said I didn't need to remove the fibroid.We have 5 blasts left one grade B and rest Cs not sure whether to do another fresh or try the frosties first.

I thought this time would work, I guess a 4x proven donor and young (25) isn't a sure thing.....e

Lina

October 17th, 2010, 12:23 am #2

Chemicals are so devastating.

I don't have any words of wisdom with respect to the fibriod. Often they can be harmless. Depending upon the type, location and size, they can be troublesome, but that may not have been the situation for yours.

I wish you all the best going forward.

Hugs

keifel
keifel

October 17th, 2010, 2:01 am #3

this time my beta was + at 89 but then went to 105 and today 59, the doctor it is a chemical has no idea why but said it maybe my fibroid but all the other drs said the fibroid is on the back wall of uterus and would not interfere with implantation. He said I may want to consider shrinking it with drugs. When I asked him before the fresh and before this FET he said I didn't need to remove the fibroid.We have 5 blasts left one grade B and rest Cs not sure whether to do another fresh or try the frosties first.

I thought this time would work, I guess a 4x proven donor and young (25) isn't a sure thing.....e

Lina
I'm bet that a chemical is even more cruel.

Kekona
Kekona

October 17th, 2010, 2:37 am #4

Lina
btdt and I know how bad it feels. I hope the way becomes clear for you. I'm sorry I have no useful info to offer about the reason for the chemical, or the fibroid situation. I left mine alone, except for one large-ish one outside of my uterus -- did have that one removed.

October 17th, 2010, 6:10 am #5

Lina
I'm so sorry. How cruel and devastating this journey sometimes is. I hope you're doing as well as possible.

Re: fibroids, I understand they can interfere with implantation but don't see how they could cause a chemical. I 'think' (someone correct me here if I'm wrong) that most chemicals are caused by chromosomal irregularities and that some are caused by immune issues. I know figuring out what's going wrong doesn't help ease the pain, though. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well in future.

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

October 17th, 2010, 9:56 am #6

Lina
so sorry. I also wonder whether you should get a second opinion. It sounds like your doctor doesn't even know what he thinks..ok to tranfer with fibroid and then says thats the reason it failed?

RE: FET what are your clinic's stats? I have heard of many women getting pregnant from their FETs when fresh failed. just do a search FET BFP.

Take care of yourself.
MFH

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 17th, 2010, 12:12 pm #7

Lina
You are in my toughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 17th, 2010, 1:38 pm #8

I am sorry ...I just had a chemical last week and wonder what can be the cause

October 17th, 2010, 2:20 pm #9

I'm so sorry. How cruel and devastating this journey sometimes is. I hope you're doing as well as possible.

Re: fibroids, I understand they can interfere with implantation but don't see how they could cause a chemical. I 'think' (someone correct me here if I'm wrong) that most chemicals are caused by chromosomal irregularities and that some are caused by immune issues. I know figuring out what's going wrong doesn't help ease the pain, though. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well in future.
I am so sorry about your chemical. On my 2nd fresh cycle I also had a 3X very proven donor, apparent good quality embies, good lining -- all looked good but it was a BFN -- no real reason why. Very frustrating and sad, I know. The thing is, embies can look good even when they are not.

RE: fibroid -- Please don't worry about the fibroids -- such a tough part of this process is the woulda, shoulda couldas. I agree with sameboat that it is the egg/embie that causes a chemical. I actually have a fibroid and did get pregnant on FET from 3rd fresh cycle. About 33 weeks along now and we watch the fibroid but it has not interfered. They specifically chose not to remove it when I had a cyst removed a little over a year ago (knowing I would be doing a cycle shortly thereafter) since they did want to risk any scar tissue. I think if it was lower or bigger they would have removed it but it is relatively small and high in my uterus. Sometimes I think the REs just throw something out like maybe it was the fibroid so that they don't have to admit that there are more bad eggs than they want you to think about when doing DE. Maybe it helps them sleep at night but all it does is stress you out. After my BFN noted above my RE started talking about a uterus problem and up until that point he had no reason to suspect my uterus -- just easier for him than to say it might be the egg or embie!!

October 17th, 2010, 2:37 pm #10

Lina
And I had 2 of those, both on fresh DE cycles. We also did 2 fets that were both plain negatives. We did not know what was wrong, I had no known immune or uterus issues; embryos were good quality but no luck. Finally on the 3rd fet we added Lovenox just as 'can't hurt might help' measure, and transferred 3, finally success, one only took and I'm 30 wks along and doing great.
The betas on my both chemicals were just like yours, we were told it was most probably chromosomal problems with the embryos, and really, really bad luck for that to happen on 2 fresh cycles, different donors.
My advice to you is: don't give up! Keep transferring those embryos, and finally one will take!
Chemicals are really hard to get over, though, and I'm so sorry you are dealing with this bad luck streak right now. Hopefully your next transfer sill be the one!!!

zane
Last edited by sane10 on October 17th, 2010, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.