Fertilization report

Fertilization report

March 25th, 2012, 9:46 pm #1

I just got the call from our RE and I'm still shaking! Out of the 26 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 22 were mature. Out of those 22, TWENTY ONE fertilized. 21 embryos!!!! I know they won't all be perfect, but holy cow, I was not expecting this even in my wildest dreams. Now, of course, we just wait some more.. hoping for a Thursday transfer.

I have to say, I really and truly despise this waiting game. I am going to be a basket case by the end of the 2ww!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 25th, 2012, 10:27 pm #2

As a rough industry average, about 40% of fertilized eggs make it to blastocysts. You are looking at a lot of frozens

March 25th, 2012, 11:33 pm #3

I just got the call from our RE and I'm still shaking! Out of the 26 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 22 were mature. Out of those 22, TWENTY ONE fertilized. 21 embryos!!!! I know they won't all be perfect, but holy cow, I was not expecting this even in my wildest dreams. Now, of course, we just wait some more.. hoping for a Thursday transfer.

I have to say, I really and truly despise this waiting game. I am going to be a basket case by the end of the 2ww!

Or is this step 10....regardless, it looks great.
Enjoy each step that is plentiful : )

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

March 26th, 2012, 2:46 am #4

Just think you maybe able to get all your family building out of this cycle. So, so, so wonderful. I will look forward to a great reports from you as time progresses forward. Be very, very wise w/ your transfer and if you want twins then go for for 2 but if you dont then only transfer one as you never know and your stats look great.

Please keep us posted.

FB

March 26th, 2012, 3:23 am #5

According to my RE, there is absolutely nothing in my personal or family history that would suggest I would be at an increased risk for carrying twins (aside from the fact that there's always a greater risk with multiples), but it still scares us a little... probably more from being on these boards than anything else, to be honest.

Even so, there's something very appealing about twins to both of us. I'm not sure we'll be able to make the final decision until we know how many blasts we have..

March 26th, 2012, 7:39 am #6

Fantastic results! Fingers crossed for you!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 26th, 2012, 11:43 am #7

So happy for you! You may have enough for a baseball team.