Feeling overwhelmed , contract questions .

Feeling overwhelmed , contract questions .

zaytune
zaytune

April 26th, 2011, 1:08 pm #1

I have found a donor that I am interested in . I am still waiting to hear back from the agency to see if even the donor is still available . If she is , I suspect we have to move fast so as to not lose this donor . Good donors of my ethnicity are rare . The agency has sent an applicatin form , which requires all my info , occupation , place of birth ,blood type , etc etc . I am feeling uncomfortable providing the agency with all this info . Is this standard practice ? Also the agency has said that I could get my own lawyer or use the agency recommended lawyer( the same law firm , but two different attorneys to represent both me and the donor ). I would prefer to have my own separate lawyer , can anyone give me any recmmendations for lawyers . I am in Texas , donor is in new york and we may cycle in either colorado or newyork , depending on donors availability .
The most urgent question , do I provide the agency with all my info , or get a lawyer even before that ? Thanks for all help .

macphee
macphee

April 26th, 2011, 1:48 pm #2

name and address seems sufficient. My agency asked for a personal statement to share w/ the donor

Malibugirl
Malibugirl

April 26th, 2011, 2:19 pm #3

I have found a donor that I am interested in . I am still waiting to hear back from the agency to see if even the donor is still available . If she is , I suspect we have to move fast so as to not lose this donor . Good donors of my ethnicity are rare . The agency has sent an applicatin form , which requires all my info , occupation , place of birth ,blood type , etc etc . I am feeling uncomfortable providing the agency with all this info . Is this standard practice ? Also the agency has said that I could get my own lawyer or use the agency recommended lawyer( the same law firm , but two different attorneys to represent both me and the donor ). I would prefer to have my own separate lawyer , can anyone give me any recmmendations for lawyers . I am in Texas , donor is in new york and we may cycle in either colorado or newyork , depending on donors availability .
The most urgent question , do I provide the agency with all my info , or get a lawyer even before that ? Thanks for all help .
There was an agency contract I signed (which is different than a contract with the specific donor). I gave no personal or medical info to the agency, only to my RE....

GL
Malibugirl

April 26th, 2011, 3:04 pm #4

I never had to give that detailed information. I gave our names and addresses for the mail and the contact info regarding my clinic. I did speak with the woman who runs it so she knew my back story. But she was not interested in my blood type and what I do for a living.

Good luck.

April 26th, 2011, 6:28 pm #5

One of the agencies we contacted asked us for some general info that they could share with a donor we liked, but we didn't chose their donor.

It sounds like your agency is not very experienced.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 26th, 2011, 7:45 pm #6

Or put "N/A" (not applicable) in the info. Only fill in the info that you want to or that you think is important. The agency police aren't going to come after you LOL

The only reason an agency could possibly want this information is if they are asked to do a recruiting search for donors just for you, but even in that case you would want to control the info you give out. I would NEVER give an agency or even a clinic DE department a photo or tell them my occupation, because I want to be the one who makes the selection, not them trying to relate someone to me.

Zaytune
Zaytune

April 26th, 2011, 8:20 pm #7

Thank you for all your responses . Just heard back from the agency , they have not heard back from the donor . Have to start all over , sigh .