estradiol patches

estradiol patches

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 22nd, 2011, 2:26 am #1

I have always used estradiol tablets with success (linning 11-12mm, triple), but my new RE has ordered the patches. Am I just paying 10x more for them, or are they really better then the pills.

Should I ask the new RE to use the pills instead?
What have your experiences been with the patch?

thanks

Anon7
Anon7

June 22nd, 2011, 3:05 am #2

I'm on estrogen 3x per day, plus a patch that I change every 3rd day. Hopefully others will chime in....

K
K

June 22nd, 2011, 3:51 am #3

I have always used estradiol tablets with success (linning 11-12mm, triple), but my new RE has ordered the patches. Am I just paying 10x more for them, or are they really better then the pills.

thanks
I'm on both too!! Nt

June 22nd, 2011, 4:46 am #4

thanks
When came to his clinic, I had already had a successful lining with estradiol valerate. The mostly use estrace, but kept me on the E2V, because I had already had a good lining with it. Ask the RE to keep you on your past protocol for your lining.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 22nd, 2011, 1:21 pm #5

thanks
If you want pills, we can switch and order them, Dr. X has no preference, other than patient compliance is generally better with patches, rather than pills three times daily

WHAT DO I DO? I wish things were less complicated .

June 22nd, 2011, 3:54 pm #6

Especially with linings, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And oral estradiol is dirt cheap, while those patches are pricey from everything I've heard. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

H40+
H40+

June 22nd, 2011, 5:55 pm #7

thanks
I did both

K
K

June 24th, 2011, 12:53 pm #8

With my failures I only used the pills..... With all successes I've used both. The past successes were a few years ago. The failures were recent. Recently changed clinics and they use both... Could that possibly have anything to do w success? Just curious cause I never thought of it?!?! My post is confusing I know... Lol