Endo Biopsy after failed cycles

Endo Biopsy after failed cycles

September 15th, 2012, 6:44 pm #1

Has anyone done this

jmassage
jmassage

September 15th, 2012, 7:23 pm #2

I had one after a second chemical pg. It was quite a while ago, but I remember having it on a certain day of my cycle and I remember it being a bit uncomfortable.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

September 15th, 2012, 7:56 pm #3

Has anyone done this
I've had two. It is a little uncomfortable but over with quickly.

September 16th, 2012, 12:30 am #4

Has anyone done this
EFT = Endometrial Function Test

More information on this test is here:http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/i ... lcome.html

Your RE would send the samples to Dr. Kilman at Yale University.

I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with twins. This was my first cycle after doing the biopsy. We altered my progesterone protocol for this cycle based on the EFT results.

Al
Al

September 16th, 2012, 1:26 pm #5

Christine, can you remind me of the changes you made to your P4 protocol ? I remember you posted in the past but I forgot to write it down....

Al

Dee
Dee

September 17th, 2012, 1:37 am #6

EFT = Endometrial Function Test

More information on this test is here:http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/i ... lcome.html

Your RE would send the samples to Dr. Kilman at Yale University.

I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with twins. This was my first cycle after doing the biopsy. We altered my progesterone protocol for this cycle based on the EFT results.
If someone had had prior success with DE IVF, would they need to change their progesterone protocol for new cycles?

September 17th, 2012, 1:49 am #7

Christine, can you remind me of the changes you made to your P4 protocol ? I remember you posted in the past but I forgot to write it down....

Al
I started with 25 mg of progesterone vaginally the night before the donor's retreval.

Day of retrieval was 25 mg in the morning and at night.

Days 1 through 3 of fertilization was 25 mg twice per day.

Day 4 of fertilization was 50 mg twice per day.

Transfer day was 100 mg twice per day -- same dosage for the next 3 days.

Then 5 days post my day 5 transfer (or 10 DPO) the dose was increased to 200 mg twice per day and continued through my beta and also after my positive result.

The lower doses were progesterone in oil gel caps that needed to be refrigerated. The 100 and 200 mg doses were prometrium suppositories.

This seems to mirror what Dr. Kilman at Yale outlines as a "Gradual P" protocol which could be used leading up to a biopsy OR an embryo transfer.

http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/r ... otocol.pdf

September 17th, 2012, 1:55 am #8

If someone had had prior success with DE IVF, would they need to change their progesterone protocol for new cycles?
I turned to the Endometrial Function Test and then the lower P protocol precisely because I had multiple failures.

I guess if someone felt there was a need for the test as a diagnostic tool and then the result suggested that the gradual P protocol might be more appropriate, then she and her RE might make that change for the next cycle?

September 17th, 2012, 1:56 am #9

I turned to the Endometrial Function Test and then the lower P protocol precisely because I had multiple failures.

I guess if someone felt there was a need for the test as a diagnostic tool and then the result suggested that the gradual P protocol might be more appropriate, then she and her RE might make that change for the next cycle?

Al
Al

September 17th, 2012, 2:00 pm #10

I started with 25 mg of progesterone vaginally the night before the donor's retreval.

Day of retrieval was 25 mg in the morning and at night.

Days 1 through 3 of fertilization was 25 mg twice per day.

Day 4 of fertilization was 50 mg twice per day.

Transfer day was 100 mg twice per day -- same dosage for the next 3 days.

Then 5 days post my day 5 transfer (or 10 DPO) the dose was increased to 200 mg twice per day and continued through my beta and also after my positive result.

The lower doses were progesterone in oil gel caps that needed to be refrigerated. The 100 and 200 mg doses were prometrium suppositories.

This seems to mirror what Dr. Kilman at Yale outlines as a "Gradual P" protocol which could be used leading up to a biopsy OR an embryo transfer.

http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/r ... otocol.pdf
Not at all sure where I'd get 25mg doses of P4 but not able to get to somewhere close to get an endometrial biopsy...so might aim to use that protocol just in case...

Thanks again

Al