Eggceptional Donors

Eggceptional Donors

May 4th, 2011, 10:56 pm #1

Hello,

Have you ever heard of this agency? We found a donor that we liked on their website, but we've never heard of them before.

Thanks in advance for any info!

C.

K
K

May 4th, 2011, 11:40 pm #2

I was looking at their site too, but ended up not going with them. Wish I had more info f

Zaytune
Zaytune

May 5th, 2011, 12:29 am #3

Hello,

Have you ever heard of this agency? We found a donor that we liked on their website, but we've never heard of them before.

C.
I had contacted this agency , did not find a donor that we liked . I wasnt terribly impressed with them but at the same time no alarm bells were ringing .

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 5th, 2011, 1:25 pm #4

Hello,

C.
I'll check my notes tonight. As I recall, though, they had a decent selection, but unusually high agency retainer fee ($6200), none/little of which was refundable if the cycle fell through for some reason (which happens). I do not recall whether all or only a portion of the agency retainer can be applied to another match if the original match falls through.

A big concern for us was: how much will we be leaving on the table if the match falls through and we don't find another donor through that same agency?

More later once I check my notes.

GL

May 5th, 2011, 5:08 pm #5

Thanks Lady Magoo!

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 6th, 2011, 1:54 am #6

$1300 of the $6300 agency fee ($500 deposit + $5800 post-deposit), the agency if non-refundable if the match falls through. And $1300 of that is not transferable to another match with the same agency.

FWIW, not all agencies do that. Many/most transfer the entire fee to another match.

Also, FWIW, I though I came across the perfect donor several times. In the end, the decision came down to a combination of our tastes/preferances, our doctor's opinion of her cycle history and her medical tests. So that is a long way of saying that there are many points at which a match could fall through. We vetted a total of five donors befor finding out donoe. We could not have afforded to forfeit $1300 with each match that did not pan out.

Hope that helps. GL

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 6th, 2011, 2:02 am #7

Lord, was that first sentence mangled! It should read as follows:

"$1300 of the $6300 agency fee ($500 deposit + $5800 post-deposit), is non-refundable if the match falls through."