Donor update

Donor update

June 16th, 2011, 10:51 pm #1

I chose a donor who was just fine and come to find out she and her family are emigrating and she won't be donating. I go with choice number 2 donor, also fine and then they begin her bloodwork and it turns out her period is 3 days late and she is pregnant. Happy for her, sad for me.

So now have chosen 3rd donor in a month and hope she works out. She is 26,educated, and has a 2 year old kid and an excellent health history. I am awaiting details of her previous donations. I will be so glad when we can just START...

June 16th, 2011, 11:23 pm #2

I hope donor number 3 works out and you can get started soon.  What a lot to go through in a month. 

Pandora

June 17th, 2011, 1:45 am #3

I chose a donor who was just fine and come to find out she and her family are emigrating and she won't be donating. I go with choice number 2 donor, also fine and then they begin her bloodwork and it turns out her period is 3 days late and she is pregnant. Happy for her, sad for me.

So now have chosen 3rd donor in a month and hope she works out. She is 26,educated, and has a 2 year old kid and an excellent health history. I am awaiting details of her previous donations. I will be so glad when we can just START...
and you can finally get started on the next steps... D3 it is!! Wagon full of good wishes for you!

Zaytune
Zaytune

June 17th, 2011, 3:07 am #4

Hope third time's the charm for you .

June 17th, 2011, 11:12 am #5

Hope this will be the one. Maybe it was all meant to me, so that you would finally get the right lady. Good Luck.

June 17th, 2011, 12:07 pm #6

I'm sorry! Well, at least you are identifying their issues quickly. We had several donors fall through over the course of 3 or 4 months, and it is very frustrating and it feels like the process will never end. But it will. Try to think of it this way - better to find out about issues early on. That isn't a huge consolation, I know. But hang in there.

Leigh888
Leigh888

June 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm #7

I hope she works out. Good luck!

June 17th, 2011, 7:42 pm #8

Good luck to you, Aufrecht! Hoping for you and Daumen drücken.

K
K

June 18th, 2011, 11:43 am #9

We went with an unproven young donor this time. It's so hard to make these decisions. I hope this one turns out perfect for you!