Donor Meds and Harvard Pilgrim Advice!

Donor Meds and Harvard Pilgrim Advice!

anon
anon

June 4th, 2011, 1:29 pm #1

I have Harvard Pilgrim in MA and was told all along (by Harvard) that my donor meds were covered. Now the pharmacy they are running it through are saying they are not covered and that it keeps getting rejected. But Harvard keeps telling me they are each and every time I call! Does anyone else have Harvard in MA and were your meds for the donor covered? Help!

June 4th, 2011, 2:56 pm #2

They should be covered. Do you have a ppo? What pharmacies are they trying to use?
See if they will run it thru Freedom or Village both located in Ma.

anon
anon

June 4th, 2011, 3:00 pm #3

It's an HMO and it's IVP Care they are using.

June 4th, 2011, 3:06 pm #4

I have the ppo so I don't know the differences. However, HPHC is saying its covered, then you should be good. If your clinic is in Ma or your in Ma, is it too late to have them send the paper work else where. The places I wrote in my first post filled mine no problem. I had to use two different places b/c of the lupron shortage.
Or, my next suggestion would be to call the pharmacy they are using and ask what number they are putting in. They have a donor cordinator that you should be able to talk to. ie, sometimes its a little number that is not transfered right that blocks it.
Good luck, I am sure you are so frustrated.

June 4th, 2011, 3:45 pm #5

I have Harvard Pilgrim in MA and was told all along (by Harvard) that my donor meds were covered. Now the pharmacy they are running it through are saying they are not covered and that it keeps getting rejected. But Harvard keeps telling me they are each and every time I call! Does anyone else have Harvard in MA and were your meds for the donor covered? Help!
But that was in 2007 so not sure if something's changed or if your coverage is different. I'd speak to the pharmacist/donor coordinator.

anon
anon

June 4th, 2011, 4:24 pm #6

I have the ppo so I don't know the differences. However, HPHC is saying its covered, then you should be good. If your clinic is in Ma or your in Ma, is it too late to have them send the paper work else where. The places I wrote in my first post filled mine no problem. I had to use two different places b/c of the lupron shortage.
Or, my next suggestion would be to call the pharmacy they are using and ask what number they are putting in. They have a donor cordinator that you should be able to talk to. ie, sometimes its a little number that is not transfered right that blocks it.
Good luck, I am sure you are so frustrated.
Thanks! That is great advice! I will try both suggestions!