donor lists (DE ment)

donor lists (DE ment)

July 8th, 2011, 8:37 pm #1

Hi im hoping someone can help. Can you use outside donor at cooper. We may have to do DE, so i wanted to look around and have options open.
If you are allowed outside donor, how does it work, where can i find outside donors.

I am caucasian irish, 5'6,135lbs, light brown hair,(dyed blonde) fair skin, and brown eyes. Would it be hard to find somone like me on coopers list.

Thanks Ladies, sorry for all the q's, but i dont know who else to ask.

July 8th, 2011, 9:12 pm #2

I have three children with the help of DE through Cooper and twins on the way. Both of my donors were from the donor list. My first two children have a different donor then my 3rd and twins on the way.

Here are the stats on my donors:

Donor #1 - Blonde/strawberry, blue eyes, 5'5", 115, fair, small frame. (Irish, German, American Indian and French Canadian)

Donor #2 - Brownish Blonde, green eyes, 5'8", 125, medium, medium frame. (Serbian)

All of my children look very similar.

It is much easier to find a brown eyed donor on Cooper's list, than blue or green. Remember that brown is dominant, so eye color may not matter.

You can also get a donor from an agency, or place an ad in a local paper, look at the ads on from the online source listed at the top of the page. A Woman's Gift is owned by the former donor coordinator from Cooper.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2011, 9:39 pm #3

Hi im hoping someone can help. Can you use outside donor at cooper. We may have to do DE, so i wanted to look around and have options open.
If you are allowed outside donor, how does it work, where can i find outside donors.

I am caucasian irish, 5'6,135lbs, light brown hair,(dyed blonde) fair skin, and brown eyes. Would it be hard to find somone like me on coopers list.

The donor coordinator said about half of the DE patients bring agency donors to do their cycles when I asked.

If you want to see the in-house donors Cooper has with their photos etc you have to first pay a non-refundable fee, it used to be $400 or so (this was a couple of years ago).

July 9th, 2011, 2:10 am #4

Thank you both for your help. Do any of you know how long the waiting list is with cooper. thanks

Kacee
Kacee

July 9th, 2011, 4:00 pm #5

The sooner you get list, the quicker you build senority. The majority of donors are split cycles. You choose the donor or donors you want. At the end of the time period for the list, the two donors with the highest senority get the donor. Now, sometimes fall through and you might get the chance to get a donor that you have senority for. You can let the DE coordinator know what you are looking for and that you are also ready for an emergency match.