Does anyone know, when does SART post updated stats?

Does anyone know, when does SART post updated stats?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2010, 10:08 pm #1

On the www.sart.org they have reports for all clinics for 2007 and 2008, I was hoping to see reports soon for 2009?

I know there is a delay because they want to report live birth numbers, but all babies conceived in 2009 would have been born by September

anon
anon

November 20th, 2010, 10:46 pm #2

why some clinics are not listed there? Should I be weary of a clinic that doesn't list themselves? I'm only looking at a previous donor, and the IP didn't have many embryos left in the end.

Skye
Skye

November 20th, 2010, 11:28 pm #3

On the www.sart.org they have reports for all clinics for 2007 and 2008, I was hoping to see reports soon for 2009?

I know there is a delay because they want to report live birth numbers, but all babies conceived in 2009 would have been born by September
The updated stats usually get posted in February. That was when the 2008 stats were added last (February 2010) and I've heard from other ladies that is the usual month. The organization has to collect all the data and verify things with the clinics, so that is why there is such a delay.

It is true that not all clinics are members of SART, so they don't report for everyone. I think a wider number report to the CDC (maybe all of them are required to?). But the CDC is even farther behind data wise (I think they now have 2007 data out).

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 21st, 2010, 12:22 am #4

February is just around the corner!

I wonder if I can ask the clinics if they have their SART page available, even though they haven't been published yet.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 21st, 2010, 12:25 am #5

why some clinics are not listed there? Should I be weary of a clinic that doesn't list themselves? I'm only looking at a previous donor, and the IP didn't have many embryos left in the end.
that's a good question

I would look for the CDC stats for the clinics not reporting to SART...even if they are old it would still give some idea how many cycles they do etc.

does anyone have a link to the CDC reports?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 21st, 2010, 12:43 am #6

It's right on the CDC website (duh), in a pdf format, IVF clinic reports for 2007.

The only "big" clinic I can remember that does not do a yearly SART report is SIRM Las Vegas, so I looked up their CDC stats. The other clinics I have seen who do not report to SART are small or new.

anonforthisone
anonforthisone

November 21st, 2010, 6:34 pm #7

Hello... just wanted to make a comment on stats. I no longer have much faith in them. Why? Well, after we (thankfully!) had a beautiful baby as a result of our cycle, our clinic never bothered to follow-up with us past the early 2nd trimester. They confirmed my BFP and I got one call at 16 weeks. That was it. And they claim that they are reporting live birth rates in their stats. This the best clinic in the US, btw. Not to mention the most expensive. They have no idea whether or not I ever actually had my baby, and the HIPPA laws do not allow them to have access to that info. I am not the first person on this board reporting that their clinic did not follow-up to find out if a live birth occurred.

And then there's the issue of cherry-picking patients which DOES happen in the DE world as well.

So... go ahead and review those stats, but do so with more than a few grains of salt.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 21st, 2010, 7:40 pm #8

at that clinic, do you remember how you got started? Is it a phone consult first, then the big workup in person? I've only heard about it for own-egg IVF as far as the $4000 workup, is it easier for DE recipients since they aren't worried about ovarian stimulation?

Does the donor have to do the $4000 workup too before they approve her?

anonforthisone
anonforthisone

November 21st, 2010, 8:32 pm #9

at that clinic, do you remember how you got started? Is it a phone consult first, then the big workup in person?
**it was an out-of-town clinic for us, so we did first consult by phone... I'd done IVF previously so they allowed some of those tests, but I had to do most workups at their clinic, as well as my husband.

I've only heard about it for own-egg IVF as far as the $4000 workup, is it easier for DE recipients since they aren't worried about ovarian stimulation?
**I think in many ways it is easier, although by the time I got to DE, I already felt so poked and prodded from previous ART treatments, that it all felt the same... a bit easier though. And it's not YOU that is under pressure to 'perform', as it were. But then there's the nailbiting time, waiting to here how she stimulated, how retrieval went, etc., not to mention once you get to fertilization and waiting to find out how many viable embryos you actually have. It's all stressful, IMO, so you have to get your coping skills brushed up and in tune to get through it all, not matter what you're doing.

Does the donor have to do the $4000 workup too before they approve her?
**Cost will depend on the clinic as well as whether you are working with an agency or not. Sometimes it's included in the fees, sometimes you have to pay for it. But costs aside, yes, your donor will need to pass muster before the clinic will okay her for the cycle. Tests must be passed, etc.

HTH!

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 21st, 2010, 9:16 pm #10

this will be out-of-town for both me and the agency donor, but she did donate there for other IPs so they have some familiarity with each other.

I have been through DE before and have a child, but now just want to go to the best place I can find for #2. So many new advancements in DE IVF I want to have working in our favor.