Does anyone know a good ART attorney in the D.C. area? x-post

Does anyone know a good ART attorney in the D.C. area? x-post

May 23rd, 2012, 7:57 pm #1

A woman in a local Moms of Multiples group wants to donate her embryos using a private attorney and is trying to find one. Thanks, Maggie (in VA)

May 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm #2

Your friend will need to find an attorney in the state she lives in, or perhaps in the state where the embryos are located. States vary widely in their laws. I have an attorney I don't recommend. I'll email you off list.

May 24th, 2012, 1:49 pm #3

Thanks! Maggie (in VA)

May 25th, 2012, 6:40 pm #4

A woman in a local Moms of Multiples group wants to donate her embryos using a private attorney and is trying to find one. Thanks, Maggie (in VA)
I've heard good things about Meryl Rosenberg in Potomac, MD. I spoke with her briefly, and she was extremely helpful. If Meryl is unable to help your friend, she could probably recommend someone.

Other names I've seen recommended (but have no personal experience with) are Peter Wiernecki in Rockville and John Greene in Annapolis (familiesthruadoption.com). Sorry - I only have MD names!

Hope this helps!

May 29th, 2012, 8:00 pm #5

As the pp suggested, this being a tri-state area, her situation is multi-jurisdictional, and per a recommendation, she's using one of the attorneys you mention. Take care, Maggie (in VA)