Does anybody know if don0r embry0 rates are included with the FET stats of donor eggs?

Does anybody know if don0r embry0 rates are included with the FET stats of donor eggs?

July 29th, 2011, 2:48 pm #1

I had assumed (or maybe read at one time) that don0r embry0 transfers were included in a clinic's CDC/SART stats under the donor egg category. Does anybody know for certain if that is the case?

Piper
Piper

July 29th, 2011, 5:45 pm #2

The stats that a clinic reports to SART and the CDC do not include a category for donor embryos- so they are included in the donor egg stats.

The only way a clinic would absolutely know their donor embryo stats is if the embryologist went through and pulled and separated every single case- and they have far too much paperwork as it is.

Keep in mind that there are very few donor embryo cycles done per year.

July 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm #3

I feel so lucky and honored to have become a mom this way. I wonder if I could have been so generous and trusting as to donate embryos anonymously.

July 29th, 2011, 11:45 pm #4

The stats that a clinic reports to SART and the CDC do not include a category for donor embryos- so they are included in the donor egg stats.

The only way a clinic would absolutely know their donor embryo stats is if the embryologist went through and pulled and separated every single case- and they have far too much paperwork as it is.

Hey there! Can't find your contact info and would love to chat with your friend who teaches the infertility yoga. Thanks!

July 30th, 2011, 12:58 am #5

I kinda wish they did have a separate category so you could see how many cycles of donor embryos they actually do per year. But I guess they just look at it in terms of "fresh vs. frozen" and "OE vs DE".

July 30th, 2011, 1:00 am #6

I feel so lucky and honored to have become a mom this way. I wonder if I could have been so generous and trusting as to donate embryos anonymously.
I really wish there was a separate category so you could see how many Dembie cycles each clinic does. But I guess they only have so much room on the form and in their eyes it is just donor ooycytes.