Disapointing Donor Update

Disapointing Donor Update

Zaytune
Zaytune

June 16th, 2011, 3:26 pm #1

Just checked with my clinic . Have been waiting for donor to start her period for day 3 workup . Her period has been delayed by 15 days . Not sure what to think . My clinic coordinator has said if she has not started by next week , she will set her up for ultrasound and blood work . I have already spent a ton of money , agency fee /lawyer fee , donor travel for her one day workup/psych screening/etc . This was not her day 3 , just the rest of the stuff . We had all our communicables updated and travelled for that as well . I feel like a fool already on my second batch of birth control pills , even though the earliest we could cycle is september ( donor is not available august) . All in all I am very concerned about where this is headed . Sorry to be such a downer .

anonymous
anonymous

June 16th, 2011, 5:47 pm #2

i had a donor rejected before day 3 testing because she didn't have regular periods.

don't mean to make you more concerned but it might be an issue

June 16th, 2011, 6:24 pm #3

Just checked with my clinic . Have been waiting for donor to start her period for day 3 workup . Her period has been delayed by 15 days . Not sure what to think . My clinic coordinator has said if she has not started by next week , she will set her up for ultrasound and blood work . I have already spent a ton of money , agency fee /lawyer fee , donor travel for her one day workup/psych screening/etc . This was not her day 3 , just the rest of the stuff . We had all our communicables updated and travelled for that as well . I feel like a fool already on my second batch of birth control pills , even though the earliest we could cycle is september ( donor is not available august) . All in all I am very concerned about where this is headed . Sorry to be such a downer .
We had a similar issue with our donor. She had previously donated in late November early December. We were planning on cycyling in late March early April but our donor had not had a period since early November. I was concerned because financially I could not afford to do another cycle if this one did not work. Our nurse scheduled an u/s to see if she had a cyst that was preventing AF from coming. She did not so they tried to put her on a second dose of Provera and we moved our procedure back a month. She did end up getting her period. She responded great to the medication.

Retrieved 21 eggs, 18 mature and 18 fertilized. We transfered 2 good quality 5 day blasts and had 3 to freeze. The procedure was a success, I am now expecting twins. This whole process is very nerve wracking. I wish you the best of luck and hope that your donor gets her period soon.

(((BIG HUGS)))
Dawn

Me:40, DH:42, ttc #1 for over 3 years
2/08 Day 3 FSH - 16.4, Day 10 - 11.1
3/09 Day 3 FSH - 10.9, Day 10 - 23.6
Stage 4 endo diagnosed in 11/07
IUI #1 - BFP (4/08)- m/c @ 10wks
IUI #2 - BFN (9/08)
IUI #3 - BFN (10/08)
IUI #4 - BFN (01/09)U/S with trigger shot.
IUI #5 - BFN (02/09)
IUI #6 - BFN (03/09)U/S with trigger shot.
Femara/Letrozole 2.5 mg for IUI's 1- 5
Clomid 100 mg for IUI #6

IVF #1 - April 2010 - Canceled due to low E2 and poor response.

IVF #2 - June 2010 - Canceled due to low E2, thin lining and poor response.

IVF #3 with DE April/May 2011
5/4 - Transferred 2 blasts
BFP!!!
1st beta - 60 @ 6dp 5dt
2nd beta - 181.9 @ 8dp 5dt
5/27 - 1st u/s - TWINS!!!
EDD 1/20/12
Last edited by Dawn_2 on June 16th, 2011, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 16th, 2011, 7:54 pm #4

I know that every day of waiting is excruciating. I have a feeling she will get her period and things will progress just fine. I don't think a delayed period is bad news or good news, even healthy young donors can have late cycles but still have normal hormone levels. If she is by chance a student, the semester-end crunch and exams in May (not sleeping and intense study) can be extremely stressful and cause a delay in cycles.

Are you on your second pack of active BCPs without a bleed, hoping to coordinate with the donor's AF?

zaytune
zaytune

June 16th, 2011, 8:57 pm #5

i had a donor rejected before day 3 testing because she didn't have regular periods.

don't mean to make you more concerned but it might be an issue
Yes that has been my concern , but she is proven multiple times . And I just got the news she started her period .

zaytune
zaytune

June 16th, 2011, 8:59 pm #6

We had a similar issue with our donor. She had previously donated in late November early December. We were planning on cycyling in late March early April but our donor had not had a period since early November. I was concerned because financially I could not afford to do another cycle if this one did not work. Our nurse scheduled an u/s to see if she had a cyst that was preventing AF from coming. She did not so they tried to put her on a second dose of Provera and we moved our procedure back a month. She did end up getting her period. She responded great to the medication.

Retrieved 21 eggs, 18 mature and 18 fertilized. We transfered 2 good quality 5 day blasts and had 3 to freeze. The procedure was a success, I am now expecting twins. This whole process is very nerve wracking. I wish you the best of luck and hope that your donor gets her period soon.

(((BIG HUGS)))
Dawn

Me:40, DH:42, ttc #1 for over 3 years
2/08 Day 3 FSH - 16.4, Day 10 - 11.1
3/09 Day 3 FSH - 10.9, Day 10 - 23.6
Stage 4 endo diagnosed in 11/07
IUI #1 - BFP (4/08)- m/c @ 10wks
IUI #2 - BFN (9/08)
IUI #3 - BFN (10/08)
IUI #4 - BFN (01/09)U/S with trigger shot.
IUI #5 - BFN (02/09)
IUI #6 - BFN (03/09)U/S with trigger shot.
Femara/Letrozole 2.5 mg for IUI's 1- 5
Clomid 100 mg for IUI #6

IVF #1 - April 2010 - Canceled due to low E2 and poor response.

IVF #2 - June 2010 - Canceled due to low E2, thin lining and poor response.

IVF #3 with DE April/May 2011
5/4 - Transferred 2 blasts
BFP!!!
1st beta - 60 @ 6dp 5dt
2nd beta - 181.9 @ 8dp 5dt
5/27 - 1st u/s - TWINS!!!
EDD 1/20/12
Thank you so much Dawn . So good to hear a happy story . And I just got word that the donor started her period . And she is proven muliple times , so hopefully it works out good .

Zaytune
Zaytune

June 16th, 2011, 9:08 pm #7

I know that every day of waiting is excruciating. I have a feeling she will get her period and things will progress just fine. I don't think a delayed period is bad news or good news, even healthy young donors can have late cycles but still have normal hormone levels. If she is by chance a student, the semester-end crunch and exams in May (not sleeping and intense study) can be extremely stressful and cause a delay in cycles.

Are you on your second pack of active BCPs without a bleed, hoping to coordinate with the donor's AF?
I just got the news that she did finally start her period . And I did stop after the first set to have a period then started back on the next set . And yes it is supposed to be to coordinate with the donor . Thanks for your concern . It is so helpful to have someone who gets all this . I had been feeling so low today , but feeling much better now .

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 16th, 2011, 9:58 pm #8

Now all she needs to do is send in her day 3 kit and you are on your way. Does this mean you start in July?

June 16th, 2011, 11:14 pm #9

The damn period always goes awol when needed, its like the more you harp the more it hides. Glad to see she got it though on to cycle.

zaytune
zaytune

June 16th, 2011, 11:15 pm #10

Now all she needs to do is send in her day 3 kit and you are on your way. Does this mean you start in July?
I dont think so , once she does her day 3 , they said it will take upto a month to get all the results back . And also I think my clinic is closed two weeks in June , all the backlog from June is getting carried over to July and July is fully booked . They are very busy as it is and clinic shuts down twice a year . And the donor is not available in August , so earliest is still going to be september .