Did you do a medicated or non-medicated FET?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 26th, 2012, 2:18 pm #11

Hi,

I once did a natural FET. It was the best fertility procedure that I've ever done. However, you must have a regular cycle and ovulate regularly in order to do it. It's kind of a misnomer to say that it's natural however because you still must take estrogen and progesterone. If I'm not mistaken, I think I also took a trigger shot. If your cycles are regular and your doctor is willing to do it, I think it's a good thing to do.
I only took estrogen and progesterone after transfer. So it was natural/unmedicated except for the trigger shot and supps after transfer.

Ariadne
Ariadne

May 26th, 2012, 2:39 pm #12

I'm glad your memory is better! I just posted below & couldn't remember the timing. I've posted in past, though, when my memory was still intact.

I also think for those of us with immune issues, these cycles are better. JMHO. My RE did admit upon pressing that for someone like me, a freeze-all cycle with subsequent natural FET might actually be the best way to go.

May 26th, 2012, 9:46 pm #13

What do you think is better for ladies in their 40s?
Thanks
But I did a medicated cycle the month after a failed fresh cycle. Transferred 2 and got twins.

smrc
smrc

May 29th, 2012, 3:34 am #14

What do you think is better for ladies in their 40s?
Thanks
medicated on a fresh cycle; unmedicated (except for some progesterone support) on my FET. I had success on the FET and it was so good to be able to avoid lupron that cycle. There is also some comfort in knowing that your own corpus lutuem (assuming you still ovulate) will be lending some additional progesterone support. I was nervous about doing an unmedicated FET initially (see my post and the helpful responses that I got herehttp://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/me ... cated+FET- ) but it was easy to do.

SMRC