did anyone has have these problems?

did anyone has have these problems?

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2010, 7:06 pm #1

donor is not being copperative with appts and she is suppose to start meds in a few days but she is now saying she wants things change in the contract like...more money for food per day and lost wages. I was not told that this would happen, very upset

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

December 22nd, 2010, 9:03 pm #2

I hope more experienced folks can give you some guidance. My gut reaction is that I would not even want her eggs if she is pulling this crap. I only ever did one more or less (the eggs were vitrified so our cycles did nto have to match up) proper cycle though and the donor was very conscientous.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm #3

I dont know what to do.

December 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm #4

donor is not being copperative with appts and she is suppose to start meds in a few days but she is now saying she wants things change in the contract like...more money for food per day and lost wages. I was not told that this would happen, very upset
I would start a new search if I were you. I would not want her eggs. I'd be afraid that no matter how hard I try that my kids would come out with the same mentality. It's fine that she is strictly in this for the monetary purpose, but I wanted someone who was also doing this because she truly wanted to help and got that sense of fulfillment from her contribution.

December 22nd, 2010, 9:55 pm #5

A similar discussion a while back, a number of the women would not be put off by something like this. I wish I could find the link.

Is it too late to back out though without financial pain?

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2010, 10:23 pm #6

all her testing. this is the 2nd donor too. It makes me want to just forget about all of this I have been through so much this year ( very sick parent ) and I dont have the support from anyone I feel like I am just going to breakdown. I am so sad it took me so long to get here and now it just seems like this is too hard to deal with. Plus the pain of mc etc with oe. It is awful

December 23rd, 2010, 12:37 am #7

and everything agreed she can't do that. Here we don't pay anything on top of the sum agreed for the donor which includes her loss of wages etc etc etc etc. I would contact the agency and ask them what is going on. Have you changed clinics so she has more traveling, has she moved so has more traveling - I wouldn't cancel, I'd just make sure you know reasons why she is requesting the extra and how much the extra is.

pixl
pixl

December 23rd, 2010, 1:26 am #8

Take another look at the contract, if she has already signed then not only can it NOT be changed, it may also be breach of contract if she is not showing up for appointments, if that is what you mean about not being cooperative. My contract says that the donor has to pay for damages, i.e. all my expenses, if she misses appointments without a very good reason, doesn't take meds properly, etc.

The donor fee covers lost wages and her inconvenience. That is what it is for.

Definitely give the agency a call as E&H said, and take it from there. The agency may be able to get her to come around.

Dee.S
Dee.S

December 23rd, 2010, 1:46 am #9

There is no way in heck I would even cycle under this stress and negative vibes. You want a smooth happy transition into motherhood. Don't feel pressured, I would not want her eggs at all, like one of the other posters said I would fear she would pass some of this dysfunction into children conceived with her eggs. This is like extortion to me. I would have nothing to do with this person at all.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 23rd, 2010, 2:40 am #10

she did not sign contract yet....this all came up now because she was going over it with attorney. The contract was sent out last week but it seemed that she was MIA for a few days...this should be smooth and easy like you said, I had enough stress with my OE ( mc and chemical, cxld cycles etc ) Her fee is $$ and the agency sets the price for the daily food. The cost with meds is so $$ as it is and I was not expecting any more fees. I feel like I am being taking advantage of