Delestrogen dosage- 1 full ml/cc?!!!

Delestrogen dosage- 1 full ml/cc?!!!

April 28th, 2012, 1:16 pm #1

Hi Ladies - I am doing an FET and my doctor is telling me to take 1 full cc of Delestrogen every three days. I have been Googling away and I haven't found anyone being prescribed this high a dose of Delestrogen. Usually, it is .2, .3,.4 ml., etc. I wonder how familiar the doctor is with this drug as I know they usually only prescribe Estrace. Any thoughts?

green.elephant
green.elephant

April 28th, 2012, 6:54 pm #2

Yipes - that's a lot. Does your syringe even go that high? Our syringe for the delestrogen is marked differently from the PIO. My doses have been .2, .15, and .1 just twice a week - Yes, I would definitely double check with your physician.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 28th, 2012, 10:52 pm #3

Hi Ladies - I am doing an FET and my doctor is telling me to take 1 full cc of Delestrogen every three days. I have been Googling away and I haven't found anyone being prescribed this high a dose of Delestrogen. Usually, it is .2, .3,.4 ml., etc. I wonder how familiar the doctor is with this drug as I know they usually only prescribe Estrace. Any thoughts?
I would definitely double check.

April 29th, 2012, 6:51 am #4

this was with careful monitoring through BW and US.

April 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm #5

Yes, I have asked them so many times that I think they are annoyed that I keep asking. Lol. I even brought the syringe and had the nurse demonstrate the dosage because I thought we must have had a communication breakdown - but no, they are telling me to take one full ML syringe every three days. I am not going to take this much because I think it is very bad advice. They are not even monitoring E2 levels until the lining check. Since we are doing a frozen cycle, we can always start over if we have to if lining doesn't build (but I sure hope that doesn't happen). Thanks for your responses ladies.

April 30th, 2012, 3:55 am #6

what my dosage was, but it sounds as though you don't have much confidence in this clinic, and that would bother me. I hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 3rd, 2012, 1:57 am #7

Yes, I have asked them so many times that I think they are annoyed that I keep asking. Lol. I even brought the syringe and had the nurse demonstrate the dosage because I thought we must have had a communication breakdown - but no, they are telling me to take one full ML syringe every three days. I am not going to take this much because I think it is very bad advice. They are not even monitoring E2 levels until the lining check. Since we are doing a frozen cycle, we can always start over if we have to if lining doesn't build (but I sure hope that doesn't happen). Thanks for your responses ladies.
Hi I have been taking .8cc, twice a week. The Delestrogen is very important to keep uterine lining plush, for implantation. Do what they say, you have to much on the line. 1cc is not much difference from .8cc. I feel fine. I just had a problem with the 1 1/2 inch needle, but doing great with the 1 inch. Good luck